- 8 hrs ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 1 day ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 1 day ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- 1 day ago 2021 Benelli 302R Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Features New Design & Lesser Weight
- News Travelling to Himachal Pradesh? Negative COVID-19 report must for passengers from these states
- Sports IPL 2021, RR vs PBKS Match 4: Preview, Date, Time, TV Timing, Live telecast, Live streaming, Pitch report
- Movies Amitabh Bachchan Celebrates As Chupke Chupke Clocks 46 Years, Shares Special Memory Related To His House Jalsa
- Finance Jana Small Finance Bank Revises Fixed Deposit Interest Rates: Check Latest Rates Here
- Lifestyle Baisakhi 2021: The Story Behind Celebrating This Festival
- Technology Redmi Gaming Smartphone With Dimensity 1200 SoC Launch Tipped For This Month
- Education NEET PG 2021 On April 18, Check COVID-19 Guidelines For Exam Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
Piaggio has launched the Ape FX range for cargo and passenger vehicle in the Indian market. The newly launched Ape electric range is available in two variants: the E-Xtra FX (Cargo) and the E-City FX (Passenger).
Prices for the Ape electric FX passenger and cargo range starts at Rs 2.83 lakh and Rs 3.12 lakh, respectively. All prices mentioned are introductory and ex-showroom, which includes fame II subsidy benefits.
Both Ape E-Xtra and the E-City were currently available with swappable battery technology. However, the company decided to launch a fixed battery variant of both models, which will help reduce the costs of EVs.
FX is the most powerful electric cargo in the segment with a 9.5 kW power output. It comes with a proven full metal body architecture fitted with a useful 6 ft cargo deck length. It is also customizable for applications like the delivery van, garbage collector, etc. The passenger vehicle, Ape' E-City FX is the most profitable 3 wheeler. Its superior features and comfortable ride ensures a higher number of trips and best-in-class earnings.
Both the products come equipped with top-of-the-range features like blue vision headlamps, automatic transmission, hill hold assist, regenerative braking, dual-tone seats, striking body colours and graphics, multi-information instrument cluster, boost mode etc. The FX fixed battery range offers convenient to home and office charging features. Both feature a maximum driving range of around 110 kilometres on a single battery charge.
The vehicles are offered with a 3 year/1 lakh kilometre "Super warranty". In addition to this, both EVs are offered with a 3-year free maintenance package as an introductory offer to all our customers. The company continues to offer the Piaggio I-Connect telematics solution, which offers real-time vehicle data tracking for our customers and PVPL service initiatives.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr Diego Graffi, Chairman & MD Piaggio Vehicles Pvt. Ltd. said, "Ape', a brand with a trust of more than 30 lac happy customers is paving the way for the Indian electric revolution with the FX range of electric vehicles. The Piaggio Group has a rich heritage of developing electric technology over the last four decades which we have leveraged to develop these class-leading products for India."
He further added, "Post the launch of Ape' E-City with Swappable technology in 2019, we are now introducing the Fixed Battery technology solutions to serve the varied needs of customers. This new FX range is a step in realizing Piaggio's vision which aligns with the government's initiatives for mass adaption of EVs in India."
Mr Saju Nair, EVP and Head of Commercial Vehicle Business, Piaggio India Pvt Ltd. said, "We are launching the FX range after a detailed study covering the industry trends, customer aspirations, and segment requirements. The FX range will cater to the needs of our customers, protect the environment and truly revolutionize the industry with the concept of Ape goes Electric, India goes Electric."
Mr Malind Kapur, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Product Marketing, Channel & Business Development, Piaggio Vehicles said, "The Piaggio Ape' Electrik FX range launch is a part of our strategic initiative to provide customers with unique solutions & a wider range to choose from based on specific applications."
He further added, "We are offering the Ape' E-Xtra with a 6 feet cargo deck and a Delivery van option for customized applications. The zero-emission, low NVH, superior drive & ride comfort makes it the logical choice for last-mile transport of modern Indian cities & towns grappling with rising levels of vehicular pollution."
"With the launch of the Ape' Electrik FX range, we have truly positioned ourselves as a fuel agnostic player in India offering vehicles in Diesel, CNG, LPG, Petrol & Electric. We are committed to offering a differentiated buying experience by launching new Ape' Electrik Experience centres across India," Mr Kapur concluded.
Thoughts About The Piaggio Ape Electric E-Xtra FX & E-City FX Launched In India
The Piaggio Ape E-Xtra FX (Cargo) and the E-City FX (Passenger) EVs features fixed battery tech, which helps to lower the cost. The company has launched two new models for faster adoption of EVs across the country. The Ape electric E-Xtra FX & the E-City FX will be launched across the country in a phase-wise manner.