- 12 hrs ago EV Charger Installation In Delhi Becomes Easier: New Application Process Implemented
- 16 hrs ago HOP Leo & Lyf Electric Scooters Launched In India At Rs 65,500
- 19 hrs ago 2021 BMW S 1000 R Launched In India At Rs 17.90 Lakh
- 21 hrs ago 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio Design Patent Images Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Details
- Finance Mandatory EPF-Aadhaar Linking Deadline Extended By 3 Months
- Movies Mithun Chakraborty Birthday Special: Did You Know He Was A Huge Fan Of Elvis Presley In His Childhood?
- Sports Euro 2020: France 1-0 Germany: Hummels' own goal settles heavyweight clash
- Technology Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale: Discount Offer On New Apple iPhones
- News Deaths due to COVID-19 in the United States hit 600,000, equal to yearly cancer toll
- Education ISRO Offering 3 Free Online Courses For Students And Professionals
- Lifestyle Sonam Kapoor Ahuja Exudes Vintage Vibes With Her Gorgeous Ivory-Hued Midi Dress; Gives Purse Goals Too!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In June 2021
India electric vehicle manufacturer, Omega Seiki introduces its three-wheeler range with a new rapid charging battery pack. The automaker has partnered with Log 9 Materials to introduce the new battery pack.
The new battery pack from the Log 9 Materials uses the latest supercapacitor-based battery technology. This enables the super-fast charging times rated at 30 minutes for a full charge. The new battery pack will be introduced first on the Omega Seiki Rage+ model.
The Rage+ will be offered in two battery capacities: the lower-spec 5.8 kWh; 120 Ah unit, and the top-spec 6.5 kWh; 140 Ah unit. The charge times for these battery packs are rated at 30 minutes and 35 minutes, respectively to reach from 0 to 100 per cent.
Apart from the impressively low charge times, the home-grown battery packs can operate in temperatures between -40°C and +65°C. This makes the new battery packs ideal for Indian road and weather conditions.
Log 9 Materials also claims that these batteries will have 15,000 charge cycles. This enables the battery pack to have a longer lifespan. To top it off, these new Log9 RaipdX battery packs will be offered with a class-leading 15-year warranty.
Omega Seiki Rage+ electric three-wheeler will feature a maximum driving range of around 65 to 100 kilometres from a single charge depending on the battery capacity. Omega Seiki Mobility and Log 9 Material are specifically targeting the B2B last-mile delivery segment for the deployment of its rapid charging batteries.
Omega Seiki aims to revolutionise the electric vehicle market in India with these new Log9 RapidX batteries. The new battery pack are far superior with improved range, faster charge times and long lifespan as compared to the current crop of standard battery packs.
Speaking about new product offering, Mr Uday Narang, Chairman, Omega Seiki Mobility said, "Indian startups like Log 9 Materials are close to my heart and are an integral part of India's electric vehicle revolution. Following PM Modi's dream of Atmanirbhar Bharat, Omega Seiki Mobility is working on all the aspects of developing state-of-the-art, Make-in-India electric vehicle technology."
He further added, "The Rapid charging batteries will not only provide a solution to range anxiety as they can be quickly charged in under 30 minutes but will also be value for money to our customers due to their long life and reliability."
Dr Deb Mukherji, Managing Director, Omega Seiki Mobility, said, "We are excited to enter into a long-term supply agreement with Log 9 Materials. With sustainability at the heart of our strategy and an increasingly important requirement for our customers and consumers, we are delighted to be working with our partners to deliver the best technology via our products to the market."
Dr Akshay Singhal, Founder & CEO, Log 9 Materials said "India needs battery technologies built ground up based on local conditions, requirements and usage patterns. This has been the underlying thesis of our technology development at Log 9 Materials.
Our RapidX battery technology addresses the core challenges of high downtime due to charging, low reliability due to dropping power in the vehicle during discharge and rapidly degrading a range of the vehicle as the battery gets old. This will drive adoption of EVs in the last mile sector where there is a huge pent up demand."
Thoughts About The Omega Seiki Electric Three-Wheelers With Log 9 Battery Pack
The new battery pack on the three-wheelers will be a welcome addition to the commercial vehicle segment. Low charge times increase productivity resulting in efficient and improved turn around times for businesses. Additionally, a longer battery lifespan provides better value as well.