- 9 hrs ago Rs 26,058 Crore PIL Scheme Approved By Government Of India; Government Expects 7.5 Lakh Job Opportunities & Rs
- 11 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Will Be Available In Five Different Colours; Pricing Starts From Rs 11.99 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago 2021 Kia Carnival Launched In India At Rs 24.95 Lakh: New Limousine Plus Variant Introduced
- 14 hrs ago Citroen C3 Unveiled In India Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Design, Features, Storage Space & More Details
- Lifestyle Parivartini Ekadashi 2021: Date, History And Significance Of This Festival
- News Schools, colleges in Uttar Pradesh to remain shut on Friday, Saturday in view of heavy rains
- Movies Mohanlal's Drishyam To Get An Indonesian Remake, Confirms Antony Perumbavoor
- Sports Dhoni named in 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Finance Air Traffic Increases 34% MoM In August
- Technology Realme Pad Review: Best Tablet In The Sub-20K Price-Point?
- Travel Awesome Beaches In India To Visit This Winter
- Education Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Date, History, Significance And All You Need To Know
Ola Electric is looking to penetrate the electric four-wheeler industry by the end of 2023. The hint about the decision comes from the top-level management personal. We suspect the decision was taken on the basis of receiving a highly positive response from the Indian consumers for its electric scooter.
When prices of Ola electric scooters were revealed on Independence day, it was the CEO of the company, Bhavish Aggarwal who hinted at the company's interest to venture into electric cars within the next two years.
The company is looking to enter the electric four-wheeler segment, which is still at a nascent stage with only a handful of model available in the country. As a result, Ola Electric is looking to have an early advantage by launching an electric four-wheeler in the country and across the world.
The electric car is expected to be offered in a couple of variants. The basic variants could be reserved for the brand's ride-hailing platform. While the mid and top-spec variants will most likely be offered with all the bells and whistles including connected technology via eSim internet connectivity.
The details of the upcoming electric car from Ola Electric is yet to be known. However, it is expected to be launched with priority given to affordability. It will be a city car with a decent range to become an ideal daily driver.
The company already made its mark by launching its much-awaited electric scooters in India. The base variant S1 costs a rupee under one lakh rupees at Rs 99,999 (ex-showroom), and this variant uses a 2.98 kWh battery pack and has a maximum range of 121kms on a single charge according to Ola Electric.
In few Indian states such as Gujarat, Delhi, Rajasthan where the state gives an additional subsidy over the national subsidy for an electric scooter, the price tag on the Ola electric scooter's S1 variant can dip below the Rs 80,000 mark.
Whereas the more powerful variant of the Ola electric scooter, S1 Pro with its larger 3.97kWh battery pack cost Rs 30,000 more than the base variant at Rs 1,29,999 (ex-showroom), and with the aggressive subsidy in the state of Gujarat can bring the price down to just Rs 1,09,999 (ex-showroom).
The main talking point of the S1 Pro variant has been its range with 181kms on a single charge; This is almost double of any electric scooter currently available in India, and I firmly believe this number will play a crucial role in bringing many prospective customers to the showroom — here are more details.
Ola claims that its electric scooter manufacturing facility located in Tamilnadu is the biggest of its kind and the company is also building a supplier park nearby to create an EV hub.
Thoughts About The Ola Electic Car India Unveil Expected In 2023
Ola Electric has definitely captured the attention of every single soul in India after the announcement of the pricing on its electric scooter. The company also has resources to develop an electric car, so at the end of the day the question revolving around is ‘Why not?'. All we have to do is just wait.