- 2 hrs ago Omega Seiki Electric Three-Wheelers With Log 9 Battery Pack Takes 30 Minutes For Full Charge
- 4 hrs ago Piaggio India Opens 100 dealerships In 100 Days: A New Milestone Achieved!
- 4 hrs ago White Carbon Motors GT5 Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago The Largest Business Jet Gets Features From Rafale Fighter: Dassault Falcon 10X Unveiled
- News Covid Vaccine: Serum to raise monthly production to 10 crore doses by Aug, Bharat Biotech promises 7.8 crore
- Movies After Rajev Paul, Sasural Simar Ka 2’s Vibha Bhagat Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Sports Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma's COVID fund-raising campaign gathers steam, nearly Rs 11 crore raised
- Finance 11 Top 5G Tech Stocks To Invest In India 2021 Which May Become Multibaggers In This Decade
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas’ Goddess Kali Jacket Has Gone Viral; Some Don’t Like It But We Love It; Details Inside!
- Education Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Know The Significance Behind The Celebration Of This Festival
- Travel Places To Visit In Puducherry In May 2021
- Technology Poco M3 Pro 5G Launch Scheduled On May 19; Another Rebranded Redmi Smartphone?
Ola Electric is looking to enter the electric passenger vehicle segment in Indian and international markets as well. It has been confirmed about the brand's entry into the electric two-wheeler space. Now, we have information that the brand is also looking to enter the electric four-wheeler space.
The company is looking to enter the segment, which still has only a handful of model available in the country and across the world. As a result, Ola Electric is looking to have an early advantage by launching an electric four-wheeler.
The details of the upcoming electric car from Ola Electric is yet to be known. However, it is expected to be launched with priority given to affordability. It will be a city car with a decent range to become an ideal daily driver.
As a result, the electric car is also expected to be offered with a home charging solution bundled to it. The electric car is also expected to be offered in a couple of variants. The basic ones are expected to be added to the brand's ride-hailing platform.
On the other hand, the electric car could also be offered in the mid and top-spec variants. The top-spec is expected to have all the bells and whistles including connected technology via eSim internet connectivity.
Ola Electric is yet to reveal the details of the electric powertrain, design, and features of the upcoming electric car. However, it is expected to use a born-electric skateboard platform, which will make it roomier inside and support its compact form factor.
The born-electric skateboard platform will not have an electric motor placed in the middle along with a battery pack mounted low-down. Instead, it will be independently driven by all four wheels, which makes for a roomier cabin.
The company also plans to set up a global design centre for its electric car division in Bengaluru. The design facility will be loaded with technologies to facilitate clay modelling and a CMF (colour, materials and finish) lab.
Ola Electric will also be improving the public charging infrastructure in the country to support its EV customers in the country. The company has already announced that it will be setting up India's largest Hypercharger network — here are all details.
Thoughts About The Ola Electric Car Being In The Works
The demand for an electric vehicle is rapidly increasing in India. The two-wheeler space is flooded with various models, while the four-wheeler space only has a few models. Ola is looking to take advantage and become an early adopter in the country. The affordability route being considered for the upcoming electric car from Ola is intriguing.