- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Creta SX Executive Variant: Details Leaked Ahead Of India Launch
- 1 day ago New Lexus NX SUV Revealed Globally: India Launch Likely
- 1 day ago New Driving Licence Rules: Here’s How To Apply Learner Licence Online
- 1 day ago Audi e-Tron Arrives At Showrooms; India Launch On The Cards!
- News Nirmal Kaur, Milkha Singh's wife, dies due to COVID-19 complications
- Sports Big challenge coming up: Tom Latham on WTC final against India
- Education AP TET Syllabus 2021 Released, Notification Expected Soon
- Finance 8 Stocks To Be In News Or Buy On Monday, June 14, 2021
- Movies Hrithik Roshan Extends His Support To A Foundation And Donates Masks To Frontline Warriors
- Technology Week 24, 2021 Launch Roundup: iQOO Z3 5G, OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Nokia C20 Plus, Realme C25s And More
- Lifestyle Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi’s Pyjama Set Is A Vibrant Outfit For Dull Mornings; Find Its Price Inside!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In June
A Nissan dealership has reportedly built up an estimate of around Rs 21 lakh to repair a Nissan Magnite damaged in an accident. This is nearly Rs 10 lakh more than the on-road price of a brand-new top-spec Nissan Magnite. The repair estimate is therefore going viral on several platforms thanks to the outrageously high sum quoted by the dealership.
The Nissan Magnite was launched in the Indian market in December 2020. It instantly became the most affordable compact SUV in India with a starting price of Rs 4.99 lakh for the base variant. Over time, Nissan hiked prices of the Magnite. However, the Nissan Magnite is still among the most affordable compact SUVs in the country.
The base XE variant is now priced at Rs 5.59 lakh while the top-spec XV Premium Turbo CVT Dual Tone variant is priced at Rs 9.90 lakh (ex-showroom). Thanks to the amazing prices, the Nissan Magnite sold very well. The Nissan Magnite was responsible for a 312.84 percent increase in Nissan India's year-on-year sales.
The compact SUV was responsible for over 75 percent of Nissan's sales in India over the last two months. It is obvious that the Nissan Magnite has hit the right chord with buyers all over the country. However, in terms of after-sales service, Nissan always left more to be desired. This incident with a Nissan dealership proves just that.
The dealership in question is Kantipudi Nissan, located in Andhra Pradesh. According to a report on Team-BHP, the Nissan Magnite was hit by an Andhra Pradesh Road Transport Corporation bus in March 2021. While the owner of the car was taken to the hospital for a few injuries to be treated, the car was moved to Kantipudi Nissan in Prakasam Nagar, Andhra Pradesh.
After assessment, the dealership sent a repair estimate via email, and it was quite a bombshell. The estimated repair cost according to Kantipudi Nissan comes up to nearly Rs 21 lakh. The owner of the Nissan Magnite was quoted as saying, "They sent me a repair estimate over email and it was a brain freeze moment for me. Nissan is marketing the Magnite as a pocket-friendly car, but they are prepared to loot you at service and spares."
The dealership has listed out almost all parts used to manufacture the car. The most-intriguing part about the entire incident is, one can buy a brand-new top-spec Nissan Magnite and a brand-new mid-spec Nissan Magnite for the same Rs 21 lakh.
The dealership has also stated that the customer would have to pay 1 percent of the estimate if he desired to move the vehicle out of the dealership. Since the repair cost has exceeded 75 percent of the IDV value, the car is now considered a total loss.
Thoughts On Nissan Magnite Accident Repair Costs Of Nearly Rs 21 Lakh
The Nisan Magnite is an excellent car with a bootload of features and a brilliant turbo-petrol engine. For this particular owner of the car though, it has turned into a nightmare story. The safety features of the car saved his life, but the dealership has quoted an obscenely high repair cost. Adding to this is the fact that he has been asked to pay around Rs 20,000 for nothing. We sure hope Nissan India takes notice and springs into action.