- 10 min ago Volkswagen Taigun Interiors Revealed Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Prices Hiked By Upto Rs 33,000: Third Price Increase In 2021 For The Magnite
- 16 hrs ago BYD e6 Electric MPV Spotted Testing In Chennai; To Be Launched By The End Of 2021
- 18 hrs ago Kabira Mobility Hermes 75 High-Speed Commercial Delivery Electric Scooter Launched In India
- News PM Modi to meet education minister today amid demands to cancel CBSE board exams
- Movies Nick Jonas Calls His Wife Priyanka Chopra The Inspiration Behind His Songs
- Finance How To Avoid TDS On Dividend Income?
- Technology Poco M3 Pro Could Be Rebadged Redmi Note 10 5G
- Sports IPL 2021: KKR vs MI Analysis: Worth a win for Mumbai Indians
- Education Indian Army BSc Nursing Admit Card 2021 To Be Released Soon
- Lifestyle Chaitra Navratri 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
Nissan India has confirmed that the bookings for the Magnite SUV have crossed the 40,000 units mark. The new milestone was achieved during the early weeks of February this year. The company has received an overwhelming response for the Magnite in the Indian market.
A recent report from carandbike also revealed that the company has increased the production of Magnite SUV catering to the growing demand. Nissan has started a third-shift to increase production at its manufacturing facility that employs over 1,000 of its workforce.
Mr Rakesh Srivastava, Managing Director, Nissan India speaking to the media publication confirmed the development and stated that the customers have appreciated the product. They have also liked the brand connect and they are willing to wait for their compact-SUV to arrive.
He further stated that most customers of the Magnite SUV are early adopters of the brand and the product. However, with the third shift in place, the company is expected to reduce the waiting time by a substantial margin. The waiting period is expected to be reduced between two to three months.
The Nissan Magnite was launched on December 2, 2020, and was offered with an introductory starting price of Rs 4.99 lakh, ex-showroom (India). This made Magnite the most affordable compact-SUV offerings in the country.
The company announced a price increase on the compact-SUV by Rs 50,000. However, only the price of the base-spec XE variant was increased. As a result, the Nissan Magnite now retails at a starting price of Rs 5.49 lakh, ex-showroom (India) — which is only Rs 4,000 costlier as compared to its Renault counterpart.
The all-new Nissan Magnite is offered in four variants: XE, XL, XV and XV Premium. The top-spec XV Premium variant of the Nissan Magnite retails at Rs 9.35 lakh, (ex-showroom, Delhi). The Magnite is offered in a total of eight colour options: 5 monotone and 3 dual-tone schemes.
The company is offering the Magnite compact-SUV in two petrol engine options. The naturally-aspirated unit produces a maximum of 71bhp and a peak torque of 96Nm and comes mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard.
On the other hand, the top-spec 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine churns out a maximum of 99bhp and a peak torque of 160Nm. The turbo-petrol engine is offered with either a five-speed manual or a CVT automatic transmission.
Thoughts About The Nissan Magnite Bookings Crossing 40,000 Units Mark
The Nissan Magnite is on a roll and could be on its way to become the best-selling model in its segment in the Indian market. The Nissan Magnite rival the Hyundai Venue, Tata Nexon, Ford EcoSport, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Kia Sonet, Toyota Urban Cruiser and the list go on. However, its primary rival will be the new Renualt Kiger, which features a similar setup with a majority of features and mechanicals shared between both models.