- 13 hrs ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 14 hrs ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 16 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- 18 hrs ago 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Read More To Find Out!
- Technology Starlink Coming To India Soon: Available For Pre-Order For $99
- News FCI Recruitment 2021: Now apply for AGM, Medical officer posts by March 31
- Movies Thalapathy 65: Sivakarthikeyan To Join The Vijay-Nelson Dilip Kumar Project?
- Sports ISL 2020-21: OFC vs SCEB: Odisha down East Bengal in 11-goal thriller
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Know Why People Offer Ganga Jal To Lord Shiva
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
The Nissan Magnite compact-SUV received a four-star safety rating from the ASEAN NCAP programme back in December 2020. Now, the testing body has released all the scores, observations and other details from the crash test of the made-in-India Magnite SUV.
As per ASEAN NCAP, the Nissan Magnite has secured 39.02 points for Adult Occupant Protection (AOP) and 16.32 points for Child Occupant Protection (COP). The Nissan Magnite also scored 15.28 points in the Safety Assist category, which took its total score to 70.60, securing its impressive 4-star safety rating.
The SUV was subjected to both frontal and side-impact crash tests. As per the data collected from the crash dummies, both the driver and front passenger secured adequate protection for head and leg protection.
The front passenger also received adequate protection to his chest, although the driver's chest had weak protection during the frontal impact. The driver's chest was better protected during the side-impact, offering decent protection.
In terms of Child Occupant Protection, the Nissan Magnite secured 7.81 points for an 18-old month baby. However, a three-year child dummy secured the complete 8 point safety score.
The compact-SUV also comes packed with a host of safety features and equipment as standard across all variants. This includes dual front airbags, ABS with EBD, ESC, seatbelt pretensioners, ISOFIX child seat anchorages and many others.
The Nissan Magnite is offered with two engine options. This includes a 1.0-litre three-cylinder naturally-aspirated engine producing 71bhp and 96Nm of peak torque. There is also a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine on offer churning out 99bhp and 160Nm of peak torque.
Both engines are mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard, with the turbo-petrol option receiving the optional CVT automatic transmission unit as well.
Thoughts On The Nissan Magnite ASEAN NCAP Safety Rating Scores
The Nissan Magnite has become one of the most popular compact-SUV offerings in India, since its launch. The SUV has managed to average 1000 bookings per day, with Nissan having to open an additional production shift to cater to the growing demand in the Indian market.