- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Creta SX Executive Variant: Details Leaked Ahead Of India Launch
- 1 day ago New Lexus NX SUV Revealed Globally: India Launch Likely
- 1 day ago New Driving Licence Rules: Here’s How To Apply Learner Licence Online
- 1 day ago Audi e-Tron Arrives At Showrooms; India Launch On The Cards!
- Sports Legendary sprinter Milkha Singh's wife Nirmal passes away due to COVID-19 complications
- News Monsoon advances into parts of Haryana, Punjab ahead of schedule
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11: Nikki Tamboli Says She Is Scared To Cry In Front Of Her Parents Post Brother's Death
- Education AP TET Syllabus 2021 Released, Notification Expected Soon
- Finance 8 Stocks To Be In News Or Buy On Monday, June 14, 2021
- Technology Week 24, 2021 Launch Roundup: iQOO Z3 5G, OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Nokia C20 Plus, Realme C25s And More
- Lifestyle Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi’s Pyjama Set Is A Vibrant Outfit For Dull Mornings; Find Its Price Inside!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In June
Nissan becomes the latest automaker to announce an extension on free and paid services offered to its customers in India. The decision has been made by the brand to extend the validity period due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country.
According to a social post by the brand on its official handle, all services have been extended by two months. This includes standard warranty, free service, extended warranty and the brand's paid maintenance packages called the Nissan Promise.
The Nissan Promise package includes pre-paid maintenance packages, extended warranty, and (RSA) Road-Side Assistance service offered to customers in the country. Seems like the validity period has been increased to July 31, 2021.
The social post from Nissan India said, "We promised to take care and we stand by it. Because we understand that right now staying at home is helping the world become a safer place again. And when things get better, we'll be ready to welcome you back."
A majority of the states and cities have announced a lockdown in wake of the second wave of Covid-19 virus spread in the country. The deadly virus is continuing its onslaught for the second time after its initial appearance last year.
To safeguard their workforce, automakers decided to temporarily halt operations across manufacturing plants, corporate offices, showrooms and service centres. Service centres will be closed adhering to the local lockdown guidelines.
During this time, customers' vehicles with expiring maintenance packages will be unable to avail of services. The extension announced on these packages will certainly help customers to get their issues sorted once the lockdown ends in the country.
However, the sales of the cars will continue as Nissan offer a fully digital car buying experience with a virtual reality platform. Customers looking to purchase a car can now virtually experience it right from the comfort of their homes. Nissan offers a complete contactless buying experience as well.
Thoughts About Nissan Extending Warranty & Service Packages Period Period Due To Coronavirus Lockdown
Nissan joins the long list of automakers announcing an extension of warranty and service packages in the country. The company is also providing an extension on packages bought by the customers. This will provide peace of mind to Nissan customers and increase the value of the paid packages.