- 9 hrs ago Audi e-Tron India Launch Confirmed For 22 July: Advanced Electric Vehicle Coming Soon
- 23 hrs ago Hyundai Alcazar Review (First Drive) — Feature Loaded SUV Gives You All You Need In A Car & More
- 24 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Deliveries To Begin In August; India Launch On 28 June, 2021
- 1 day ago 2021 BMW 5 Series India Launch Price At Rs 62.90 Lakh: 620Nm, New iDrive & MSport Variant Available
- News Delta plus variant: Maharashtra imposes stricter norms, Level 3 curbs to continue to contain COVID-19 spread
- Education Odisha Madhyama Result And Open School Exam Result 2021 Declared
- Movies Vijay To Repeat Pokkiri Magic In Nelson Dilipkumar’s Beast; Here’s How!
- Technology Garmin Forerunner 55 With SpO2 Monitor Announced In India; Features Price, And More
- Finance COVID-19 Impact: Passenger Taffic At Bengaluru Airport Dips 66%
- Sports Lille start Ligue 1 title defence at Metz, PSG travel to newly-promoted Troyes
- Lifestyle Nushrratt Bharuccha Looks Ravishing In These 3 Different Outfits From Her Song, Saiyaan Ji
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) recently announced the tankers and containers carrying Liquid Medical Oxygen (LMO) will not be charged any tolls across national highways. At this point of time, tankers and containers carrying liquid medical oxygen will be treated at par with other emergency vehicles like ambulances for at least two months or till further orders.
National Highways Authority of India said in an official statement, "To provide uninterrupted passage for tankers and containers carrying Liquid Medical Oxygen (LMO) across national highways, the user fee for such vehicles at toll plazas has been exempted. Although toll plazas have nearly zero waiting time after implementation of FASTag, NHAI is already providing priority passage to such vehicles for fast and seamless transportation of medical oxygen."
The Government has taken this decision so that the tankers can pass uninterrupted considering the current demand for medical oxygen across the country due to the Covid-19 pandemic. It will be better for the hospitals if the Oxygen reaches faster.
In other recent Covid-19 news, recently Mahinda & Mahindra Group announced its efforts to help the nation during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. The company has announced a new initiative called ‘Oxygen On Wheels', which is aimed at helping fill the huge demand for Medical Oxygen in the State of Maharashtra. Mahindra Group will be using a big line-up of Bolero commercial trucks filled with jumbo oxygen cylinders.
These trucks will be controlled via an operation control centre that will form a bridge between hospitals and oxygen production centres in the state. This move will ensure the timely delivery of oxygen to hospitals and overcome current logistical challenges in the transportation of medical oxygen.
Thoughts About NHAI Exempts Tolls Off Tankers & Containers Carrying Liquid Medical Oxygen
The second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic has hit the country really hard. The Government is doing all that is possible to help the people around the country and it is good to see that the National Highways Authority of India recently announced the tankers and containers carrying Liquid Medical Oxygen (LMO) will not be charged any tolls across national highways.