- 11 hrs ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 12 hrs ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 14 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Read More To Find Out!
- Technology Week 9, 2021 Launch Roundup: Samsung Galaxy A32, Redmi K40 Pro+, Realme Narzo 30A And More
- News FCI Recruitment 2021: Now apply for AGM, Medical officer posts by March 31
- Movies Thalapathy 65: Sivakarthikeyan To Join The Vijay-Nelson Dilip Kumar Project?
- Sports ISL 2020-21: OFC vs SCEB: Odisha down East Bengal in 11-goal thriller
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Know Why People Offer Ganga Jal To Lord Shiva
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
The XUV500 has been around in the Indian market for more than a decade now. The company has continuously been updating the SUV's design and engines over the years. Mahindra will be launching the next-generation XUV500 sometime soon this year in the Indian market. Also, the SUV has been spotted testing on a number of occasions on the Indian roads.
According to the latest report by GaadiWaadi, The mid-spec variant of the 2021 Mahindra XUV500 has been spotted testing. As seen in the pictures, the test mule is fully wrapped but some of the details are slightly visible. The new generation XUV500 gets a redesigned front grille with vertical slats surrounded by a U-shaped chrome element, sharper headlamps, a restyled bonnet and a new fog lamp housing along with wide central air inlets. The top-end variants will also feature LED DRLs.
At the rear, the test mule gets a set of new LED taillamps, a tweaked bumper, roof rails and a shark fin antenna. Near the bumper, there is a small section where the wrap has peeled-out revealing the red body paint of the XUV500. The second-generation Mahindra XUV500 will come with an all-new monocoque platform and will also be loaded with a host of updates and added features.
On the inside, the SUV is likely to get a large horizontal touchscreen infotainment system. a large MID screen, automatic climate control with rear AC vents, flat-bottom steering wheel, cruise control out of many.
Mechanically, the upcoming Mahindra XUV500 is expected to feature a brand new 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel engine. The new unit is expected to be more powerful than the current 2.2-litre unit, which it will replace. Mahindra is also likely to introduce a brand-new 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine on the all-new XUV500 that will produce 187bhp of power and 380Nm of peak torque. Both engines will come mated to manual and automatic transmission options and the top-end trims will also come with an AWD (All-Wheel Drive) system.
Thoughts About The All-New Second Generation XUV 500
The second-generation Mahindra XUV500 will get a host of new features and modern technology compared to the current generation. Once launched, the XUV500 will go up against the likes of the Hyundai Tucson, MG Hector Plus and Tata Gravitas in the Indian market.