- 34 min ago Car Falls Into Sinkhole At Mumbai Parking Lot — Hyundai Venue Sinks Within A Few Seconds
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Creta SX Executive Variant: Details Leaked Ahead Of India Launch
- 1 day ago New Lexus NX SUV Revealed Globally: India Launch Likely
- 1 day ago New Driving Licence Rules: Here’s How To Apply Learner Licence Online
- Sports French Open 2021: Novak Djokovic fights back from two sets down to clinch his 19th Grand Slam title
- News Opposition alleges 'major' scam in land purchased to construct Ram temple in Ayodhya
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11: Nikki Tamboli Says She Is Scared To Cry In Front Of Her Parents Post Brother's Death
- Education AP TET Syllabus 2021 Released, Notification Expected Soon
- Finance 8 Stocks To Be In News Or Buy On Monday, June 14, 2021
- Technology Week 24, 2021 Launch Roundup: iQOO Z3 5G, OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Nokia C20 Plus, Realme C25s And More
- Lifestyle Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi’s Pyjama Set Is A Vibrant Outfit For Dull Mornings; Find Its Price Inside!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In June
The next-gen Skoda Octavia VRS is set to be launched in India. The launch of the new Skoda Octavia is always big news in India. Now Skoda has hinted at the arrival of the performance focused VRS variant of the latest generation of Octavia for Indian consumers.
That being said, the new fourth-gen Skoda Octavia is already in production, and Skoda is gearing up for its India launch on June 10, 2021. The upcoming fourth-generation Skoda Octavia VRS will come with plenty of upgrades over the standard model and as a result, Skoda will bring the Octavia VRS as a completely-built unit (CBU).
If Skoda brings the Octavia VRS via the CBU route, we can expect a significant price difference between the locally built top-end L&K variant and the completely-imported VRS variant. However, it is also very likely that the new Skoda Octavia VRS may come with all the optional features as standard to justify the higher asking price.
Like all brands and models under the Volkswagen group, the changes to the exterior for the high-performance variant is subtle when compared to the standard model. However, you can still easily identify the VRS model with its distinctively aggressive front bumpers, blacked-out elements, large dual exhausts and large alloy wheels.
Under the bonnet is a very familiar 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine with 241.6bhp and 370Nm. It is the same engine that is found in the current-generation Octavia VRS. However, this time there is a more enthusiast-friendly 6-speed manual transmission on offer along with the lightning-fast 7-speed dual-clutch transmission.
The new Octavia VRS also comes equipped with larger brakes, sportier differential, dynamic chassis control, and a 15mm lower suspension. With the 0-100km/h sprint taking just 6.7 seconds and a top speed of 250km/h, the Skoda Octavia VRS is plenty fast to keep any car enthusiast entertained.
Thoughts On Next-Generation Skoda Octavia VRS Being Launched Soon
Volkswagen may have denied their performance models in the Indian market, but Skoda has always given us the taste for their performance models even if they haven’t sold in great numbers. We expect Skoda to price the upcoming Octavia VRS to be priced much higher than the current generation Octavia VRS which retails at Rs 35.99 lakh.