- 10 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 11 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 12 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- 12 hrs ago Tata Motors Price Hike In May 2021: Tata Motors Hikes Prices Of All Models
- Finance RBI Liquidity Window Can Augment Healthcare Infra
- Movies Happy Birthday Vijay Deverakonda: 5 Praiseworthy Performances Of The Rowdy Star
- Technology Week 19, 2021 Launch Roundup: HONOR MagicBook X 14, HONOR Pad X7, OPPO K9 5G, Vivo Y52s And More
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Chelsea: Celebrations stall as Aguero aberration lets Blues back in
- News Massive COVID-19 vaccination drive in Uttar Pradesh from May 10 for 18-plus
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Lifestyle Tere Naam And M.S. Dhoni Actress Bhumika Chawla Exudes Soothing Vibes With Her Latest Outfit
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
The Skoda Octavia has been spotted testing once again. This time however, spy pictures of the test mule show that the car is undisguised and it did not have any camouflage on it. This is the Fourth-generation Skoda Octavia and it is expected to be launched in India soon. It is based on the MQB platform and sports Skoda's latest design language.
Skoda is a brand known for packing useful and practical features into its cars. In India though, they are a little more than that. Skoda in India is a brand that popularised premium entry-level segment cars and this journey began with the Skoda Octavia.
At the time of its launch in 2002, the Skoda Octavia quickly gained a reputation for its solid build quality and unparalleled mile-munching abilities. By 2011, Indian consumers had shifted their interest to SUVs. The growing SUV segment in India took a large chunk of sales from the premium entry-level cars.
Despite the significantly lower sales volume, Skoda introduced the 3rd generation of Octavia in 2013 which was an immediate hit amongst the enthusiasts as well as family buyers with powerful engines, spacious interiors and a big boot.
This Skoda Octavia was the only car in its segment to enjoy commercial success until the launch of the 10th generation Honda Civic in 2019. Despite its initial success Honda soon pulled the plug on the Civic due to the sales slump faced during the pandemic.
However, Skoda, being the inventors of this particular segment in India, saw this as an opportunity to launch the 4th generation of Skoda Octavia in India. The new Skoda Octavia has been already on sale in various European countries and has been enjoying good success.
The new Skoda Octavia will only be sold with a new BS6 compliant petrol engine. The 2.0L turbocharged petrol engine will produce 190hp, while the 1.5L turbocharged petrol engine on sale in Europe has not been confirmed for the Indian market yet.
The new Octavia will be the first MQB platform-based vehicle from the brand for the Indian market. This translates into it being 19mm longer and 15mm wider than the model it replaces.
The new fourth-generation Skoda Octavia has been spotted in an undisguised manner, giving us a good idea on what we can expect from the car.
From the outside, the new Octavia seems to have grown mature with headlamps reminiscent of the new Skoda Superb. The rear is modern and classy. On the inside, the new Octavia will be packed with all the bells and whistles including a huge 10.25-inch virtual cockpit. The dashboard has a very premium horizontally layered theme that goes well with the beige-black interiors.
Production of the new Skoda Octavia has already begun at their manufacturing facility in Aurangabad. We expect Skoda to launch the new Octavia by the end of this month and deliveries to begin by the month of May. we can expect the prices to be around Rs 20-24 lakh (ex-showroom).
Thoughts On The Next-Gen Skoda Octavia Being Spotted Testing Undisguised
The formula of aggressive pricing, powerful engines and spacious interiors combined with a truckload of features has never failed to impress Indian buyers. With the 4th generation Skoda Octavia, we expect Skoda to steal some sales from the SUV segment but it won't be jaw-dropping sales figures either.