- 1 hr ago Mahindra XUV700 Spied Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 2 hrs ago Honda H’Ness CB350 Prices Hiked Again In India: New Variant-Wise Price List
- 14 hrs ago 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace Facelift Teaser Image Revealed
- 15 hrs ago Top-Selling Cars In India In April 2021: Maruti Suzuki WagonR Takes Top Slot, Followed By Swift & Alto
- Finance Aadhaar Update: UIDAI Reveals 2 New Ways To Check Aadhaar Card Status
- News Over 53 lakh COVID-19 vaccine doses to be delivered to states, UTs in 3 days: Health Ministry
- Sports Familiar foes: Man City and Chelsea get set for latest Champions League final rehearsal
- Movies Radhe: Did The Makers Voluntarily Make 21 Cuts & Modifications In The Film After Getting Censor Certificate?
- Technology COVID-19 Vaccine Registration Gets Four-Digit Code: How To Register On CoWIN?
- Education CBSE 'Dost for Life' App Launched For Well-being Of Students
- Lifestyle Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Surprising Benefits Of Gold For Your Health And Beauty
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
The Mahindra Scorpio will be receiving a major overhaul in the form of a new-generation model in the Indian market. The company is expected to launch the new-generation Scorpio sometime this year.
Ahead of its launch, the upcoming SUV has been spotted testing revealing new features. A new set of spy images from TeamBHP reveals that the new Scorpio's sunroof and automatic powertrain feature.
The images also reveal the upcoming SUV's dashboard and steering design. The 2021 Scorpio will feature a large touchscreen infotainment system, a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls, and a semi-digital instrument cluster. Also, the dashboard design looks similar to the ones seen on the XUV300.
The large infotainment display is expected to support wireless smartphone technology such as Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's connected technology. Other features that are expected on the new-generation SUV includes wireless smartphone charging, climate control, rear ac vents, USB charging slots, a power-operated driver seat and more.
The new-gen Scorpio, the SUV is expected to carry a bigger footprint as compared to the outgoing model. As a result, the SUV is expected to feature a roomier third-row seating, which could be offered with forward-facing seats on the new-gen model.
Moving to the exteriors of the upcoming SUV, the Scorpio is expected to feature a host of design changes. This includes an all-new front fascia with a wider grille, restyled LED headlamps with integrated DRLs, and reworked bumpers; among others.
The new Scorpio is also expected to receive a new boot lid design along with an updated LED taillamp. The side profile of the SUV will also be new because of a bigger footprint and will feature a new alloy design.
The next-gen Scorpio is likely to be offered with petrol and diesel engine options borrowed from the new-gen Mahindra Thar. This includes the 2.0-litre T-GDi turbo petrol unit and the 2.2-litre ‘mHawk' diesel unit.
Both engines will come with a manual gearbox as standard. However, the company will be offering the Scorpio with an optional automatic transmission option, which is now confirmed by the latest set of spy images.
Ahead of its launch, the company has registered a couple of names for the upcoming new-generation SUV. The latest name to be registered by the brand is ‘ScorpioN', which could be a performance variant of the upcoming new-gen SUV model. In addition to the ScorpioN, the company has also registered the name Sting for its workhorse.
Thoughts About The Next-Gen Mahindra Scorpio Spotted Testing Again Revealing New Features
The New-Gen Mahindra Scorpio is expected to be restyled with added features inside and out. It is also expected to be bigger in dimensions as compared to the outgoing model. The company could be looking to give the workhorse a premium appeal with the new-generation Scorpio expected to arrive this year in the market.