- 2 hrs ago New Ducati Multistrada V2 And V2 S Revealed
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Vs Hyundai i20; Which One Should You Pick?
- 22 hrs ago 2021 KTM RC200 Arrives At Dealership: Gets Dual-Channel ABS As Standard
- 1 day ago Top 5 Safest Cars In India: All of them are manufactured by Indian automobile manufacturers
- Sports Rally de Hampi: Rajendra, Aishwarya reign supreme
- News J&K Police asks all district chiefs to shift non-local labourers to nearest security camps
- Movies Madhuri Dixit Celebrates 22 Years Of Marriage With Husband Sriram Nene, Shares Special Video
- Finance I-T Raid On Digital Marketing, Waste Management: Discovers Unaccounted Investments of Rs 7 Cr
- Lifestyle Turmeric For Depression: Does It Help Ease The Symptoms? How To Use
- Technology Apple Has A Plan To Make Your Existing MacBooks Look Old: MacBook Pro With Notch Incoming?
- Travel Rajasthan's Ten Best Winter Destinations
- Education CBSE Class 10, 12 Term Exam Dates Tentative Announced, Check CBSE Class X, XII Date Sheet Release Details
New Yamaha R15 V4.0 launched in India. The new 2021 Yamaha YZF-R15 V4.0 receives a major design change that takes inspiration from the bigger Yamaha YZF-R7.
Along with the new updated design, Yamaha has also given the new Yamaha YZF-R15 V4.0 a whole host of new features.
Starting with the design, the new 2021 Yamaha YZF-R15 V4.0 looks far more mature and bigger than the outgoing model, thanks to the Yamaha YZF-R7 inspired design.
Gone is the multi-reflector type LED headlamp setup and in comes a new LED projector-type headlamp setup. This new headlamp setup is cleverly placed in a centrally positioned chamber that looks like an air intake. This gives an illusion of a stripped-out racing bike.
This along with the matte-gold finished USD forks, the new Yamaha YZF-R15 V4.0 looks like a motorcycle with a much larger capacity engine.
Moving to the sides, we can see that, Yamaha has not re-used a single panel from the older bike and the bike looks a lot more mature in this avatar. The exhaust is a stubbier unit that enhances the appeal even more.
Along with this, Yamaha claims that aerodynamics have been further refined to improve the airflow around the motorcycle.
Features-wise, the new Yamaha YZF-R15 V4.0 gets many advanced features like Traction Control System (TCS), Quick Shifter, Bluetooth connectivity, Ride modes, Gear Shift Indicator and a few more.
Along with this, the new Yamaha YZF-R15 V4.0 gets an all-new LCD instrument cluster that has been inspired by Yamaha YZF-R1. This unit also comes with a Gear shift indicator.
Another notable feature in the new Yamaha YZF-R15 V4.0 is the Ride modes. This allows the user to change between ‘Track Mode' and ‘Street Mode' to suit the riding requirements.
Powering the new Yamaha YZF-R15 V4.0 is a 155cc. 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, SOHC, 4-valve petrol engine with Variable Valve Actuation (VVA) and fuel injection. This engine produces 18.4 Bhp at 10,000rpm, and 14.2Nm of torque at 7,500rpm.
Like before, the engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox, but now comes with a slipper-clutch and Quick Shifter. The new Yamaha YZF-R15 V4.0 now weighs just 142 kgs despite the addition of new features.
The new Yamaha YZF-R15 V4.0 comes in three colour options. The colour options include Metallic Red, Dark Knight, and Racing Blue. Along with this, there is also a new trim called the R15M.
The pricing for the all-new Yamaha YZF-R15 V4.0 starts from Rs 1.68 lakh (ex-showroom), whereas the R15M is priced at Rs 1.80 lakh (ex-showroom).
Along with the launch of the new Yamaha YZF-R15 V4.0 and R15M, Yamaha has also launched the Aerox 155 Maxi-Scooter in India.
This new Yamaha Aerox 155 is powered by a slightly de-tuned version of the engine from the new Yamaha YZF-R15 V4.0.
That being said, with the new Yamaha Aerox 155, Yamaha has opened a whole new segment of scooters in India.
Thoughts About The New Yamaha YZF-R15 V4.0
At Rs 1.68 lakh ex-showroom, the new Yamaha YZF-R15 V4.0 is pricier than the model it replaces, but the additional equipment that comes bundled far exceeds the price difference.
The new Yamaha YZF-R15 v4.0 with its added features becomes a much more rounded package and desirable than before.