- 18 hrs ago TVS Jupiter 125 Vs TVS Ntorq 125: Design, Powertrain, & More
- 20 hrs ago Royal Enfield Limited Edition Helmet Reviewed: Is It The Best-Looking Half-Face Helmet?
- 1 day ago Toyota Land Cruiser India Launch Delayed: 4 Year Waiting Period
- 1 day ago Kawasaki Z650RS 50th Anniversary Edition Will Soon Come To India: No Mechanical Updates
- Technology Vijay Sales Republic Day 2022 Discount Offers On Smartphones, Laptops, Tablets, Smart TVs, And More
- Sports ISL: ATKMB vs OFC, Highlights: ATK Mohun Bagan and Odisha entertain but fail to score
- Movies Saani Kaayidham: The Keerthy Suresh-Selvaraghavan Starrer To Release On Amazon Prime Video
- News Kerala, Tamil Nadu oppose proposal to tweak IAS rules, ask PM Modi to drop move
- Education National Girl Child Day: History, Significance And Essay On Rashtriya Balika Diwas For Students
- Finance Single Volume Economic Survey Likely, May Project Growth Rate of Around 9 Per Cent
- Lifestyle 60% COVID Deaths In 'Third Wave' Among Partially Or Completely Unvaccinated: Max Study
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In North India In Winter Of 2022
Volkswagen has launched the all-new Tiguan SUV in India. The new Volkswagen Tiguan is the 4th SUV from the German automaker for India in 2021 and has been priced at Rs 31.99 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
Bookings for the new Volkswagen Tiguan is now open at all Volkswagen dealerships across India, and test drives of the five-seater premium SUV is set to commence from December 10th, in Tier 1 cities like Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Even though the Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace is positioned above the Tiguan in India, the seven-seater SUV is no longer on sale in the country, making the Volkswagen Tiguan the new flagship SUV for the German automobile giant.
The new Volkswagen Tiguan is locally assembled at the German automaker's manufacturing facility in Aurangabad. However, the five-seater flagship SUV will be available only in a single trim level, which is the top shelf 'Elegance' variant.
The new Volkswagen Tiguan also sports the brand's latest design language and looks just as understated and elegant as every other Volkswagen model.
At the front, the front grille sports four horizontal slats which accentuate the width of the SUV and add premium-ness. The large front grille is flanked by headlights with Volkswagen's advanced 'IQ.LIght' system which comprises 24 individual LED lighting elements.
On the sides, the large 18-inch alloy wheels and strong shoulder line help the Volkswagen Tiguan's stance. Moving to the rear, the new darker LED taillamps sport a new LED lighting pattern and comes with a 'click-clack' lighting effect during braking.
On the inside, the new Volkswagen Tiguan comes with Vienna leather seats, soft-touch plastics on the dashboard, USB-C ports, flat-bottom steering wheel, panoramic sunroof, 10-inch digital instrument display, 8-inch infotainment unit, 30-colour ambient lighting, 3-zone climate control, reverse camera with 4 different views and many more.
Apart from that, the new Volkswagen Tiguan also gets some advanced connected features such as usage analytics, driving behaviour, geo fencing, time fencing and many more, which can be accessed via Volkswagen Connect App.
The new Volkswagen Tiguan also offers a large 615-litre boot space, which is more than adequate for a weekend family trip.
The new Volkswagen Tiguan also comes with top-tier safety features such as six airbags, front and rear disc brakes, ABS, electronic stability control (ESC), anti-slip regulation, electronic differential lock, hill start assist, hill descent control with auto-hold, ISOFIX child seat anchoring points and a driver alert system.
Powering the new Volkswagen Tiguan is a 2.0-litre TSI petrol engine with 187.34 bhp at 4,000 rpm and 320 Nm of torque at 1,500 rpm. This engine is mated to Volkswagen's tried-and-tested 7-speed DSG gearbox and also comes with Volkswagen's renowned 4-Motion all-wheel-drive system.
Despite the powerful 2.0-litre turbocharged engine and all-wheel-drive system, the Volkswagen Tiguan is surprisingly fuel-efficient with an ARAI-certified fuel efficiency figure of 12.65 kpl.
The new Volkswagen Tiguan is available in 7 different colour shades and includes 2 shades of white, blue, grey, black, and red.
The Volkswagen Tiguan also comes with Volkswagen's 4EVER Care program, which includes 4-year standard warranty and 4-year roadside assistance. Customers can also add a 4-year service pack for Rs 63,558.
In India, the Volkswagen Tiguan competes with SUVs such as Jeep Compass, Citroen C5 Aircross and Hyundai Tucson.
Thoughts About The New Volkswagen Tiguan
The second-generation Volkswagen Tiguan is one of Volkswagen's most successful models globally and was launched in 2017 in India. The new facelifted model further strengthens the core strength of the premium five-seater SUV to make it even better.
However, Volkswagen could have offered two more variants to make the SUV more affordable.