- 9 hrs ago Rs 26,058 Crore PIL Scheme Approved By Government Of India; Government Expects 7.5 Lakh Job Opportunities & Rs
- 11 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Will Be Available In Five Different Colours; Pricing Starts From Rs 11.99 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago 2021 Kia Carnival Launched In India At Rs 24.95 Lakh: New Limousine Plus Variant Introduced
- 14 hrs ago Citroen C3 Unveiled In India Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Design, Features, Storage Space & More Details
- Lifestyle Parivartini Ekadashi 2021: Date, History And Significance Of This Festival
- News Schools, colleges in Uttar Pradesh to remain shut on Friday, Saturday in view of heavy rains
- Movies Mohanlal's Drishyam To Get An Indonesian Remake, Confirms Antony Perumbavoor
- Sports Dhoni named in 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Finance Air Traffic Increases 34% MoM In August
- Technology Realme Pad Review: Best Tablet In The Sub-20K Price-Point?
- Travel Awesome Beaches In India To Visit This Winter
- Education Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Date, History, Significance And All You Need To Know
Tata Motors has recently launched the 2021 Tigor EV starting at Rs 11.99 lakh, ex-showroom. The new Tigor EV becomes the most affordable passenger electric vehicle in India and features a maximum claimed driving range of 306 kilometres.
The compact electric sedan is available in three variants and two colour shades with an optional dual-tone finish. The top-spec Tigor EV XZ+ dual-tone variant is priced at Rs 13.14 lakh, ex-showroom, and we have been driving it in the streets of Bangalore. Here are our first impressions.
The biggest change in the new Tigor EV is the addition of the brand's Ziptron high voltage architecture. This has enabled a host of features on the Tigor EV including DC fast charging. However, the biggest addition is the new improved range at 306km (ARAI certified).
The electric sedan uses a 26kWh lithium-ion battery pack paired to a 55kW electric motor. This produces 74bhp and 170Nm of peak torque and is claimed to accelerate from 0-100kmph in 5.7 seconds.
The fast-charging capability allows the battery to be charged from 0-80 per cent in under one hour while the regular 15A charger enables the car to be charged in 8.5 hours.
The interiors of the Tigor EV comes loaded with features including the brand's iRA connected technology. The smartphone application allows the user to get vital information about the car and also control various features of the car remotely.
The new Tigor EV has received a 4-star GNCAP safety rating making it the safest car in the segment. Tata is offering ABS with EBD, CSC and dual-airbags as standard across all variants.
Currently, the Tigor EV has no other segment rivals in India. However, we can expect Mahindra to price the eKUV100 in a similar price bracket, which is scheduled to launch next year.