- 1 hr ago Revolt RV300 & RV400 Bookings Closed Again In Existing Cities: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq And Volkswagen Taigun Spied Testing Together: Here's Everything You Need To know!
- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny India Launch Timeline Revealed: Expected To Arrive Next Year!
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Volkswagen T-Roc Bookings & Deliveries Details Announced
- Lifestyle Jamat-Ul-Vida 2021: Know About The Last Friday Of Ramadan
- Movies Salman Khan To Extend Financial Support To 25000 Film Industry Workers Amid The Second Wave Of COVID-19
- News Indian Railways cancels 28 trains from May 9: Check list
- Sports UFC Vegas 26: Rodriguez vs. Waterson fight card, date, India time and where to watch
- Finance Ethereum Joins The Club Of Top 5 Financial Services Globally By Value
- Technology Oppo Enco Air TWS Earphones, Band Vitality Edition Go Official; Price, Features
- Education Madhya Pradesh Universities To Conduct Open Book Exams For UG, PG Courses
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Goa In May
Skoda Auto India was geared up to launch the all-new Octavia in the country. The 2021 Skoda Octavia was expected to arrive this month. However, due to rising Covid-19 cases in the country, the company has decided to delay the launch indefinitely.
Zac Hollins, Director for Sales, Service & Marketing at Skoda Auto India has confirmed the delay in the launch of the new Skoda Octavia. The Tweet posted by Zac stated "Sometimes, it's important to take a pause and come back stronger. We at ŠKODA AUTO have postponed the launch of the all-new Octavia until the current situation improves. We will keep you updated on the launch developments. Stay safe and let us do our part to fight this virus."
There has been a substantial rise in Covid-19 cases in the country. Most events are either getting postponed or cancelled in the wake of the second wave of the Covid-19 virus in the country.
While the launch of the upcoming Skoda Octavia is confirmed to be delayed, the company has also other models in the pipeline. This includes the Skoda Kushaq and the new Skoda Kodiaq. The launch of these SUVs are also expected to be pushed back because of the ongoing situation in the country.
Speaking about the upcoming Skoda Octavia, the company is not giving the car a mere engine upgrade to meet BS6 emission norms. Skoda will be launching a new-generation model of the sedan, which is currently on sale in various international markets.
The company has commenced production of the upcoming new-generation Octavia in India. The first unit of the new Skoda Octavia sedan has rolled out from the production line at the brand's manufacturing facility in Aurangabad.
The new-generation sedan features a host of design updates and feature additions inside and out. This includes new sleek-looking LED headlamps with optional Matrix LED technology, LED DRLs and fog lamps, a wider butterfly grille, a new alloy wheel design and more.
On the inside, the 2021 Octavia will feature an all-new cabin layout with the brand's latest features and technology. This includes a 10.25-inch display featuring the brand's cockpit design. The sedan also features another 10.25-inch screen for the touchscreen infotainment display.
Some of the other features on the 2021 Ocativa include three-zone climate control, electronic parking brake, a premium sound system by Canton, five USB-C ports, and a new two-spoke steering wheel with mounted controls.
The Skoda Octavia will also feature mechanical changes including the powertrain. The upcoming sedan will be offered with two petrol engine options: the 1.5-litre and 2.0-litre TSI engines.
The 1.5-litre TSI unit produces 148bhp and 250Nm of peak torque mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. The top-spec 2.0-litre TSI engine churns out 190bhp and 320Nm of torque mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic as standard.
Thoughts About The 2021 Skoda Octavia India Launch Delayed Due Covid-19 Pandemic
The Covid-19 cases are increasing at a rapid rate in the country. All measures have to be taken to contain the spread of the deadly virus. Skoda's decision to delay the launch of the Octavia is certainly commendable.