- 8 hrs ago Volkswagen Tiguan Deliveries Commence In India: Prices Start From Rs 31.99 Lakh
- 11 hrs ago Tata Tigor CNG Vs Hyundai Aura CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- 16 hrs ago Tata Punch Vs Nissan Magnite: Where Should You Put Your Hard Earned Money?
- 19 hrs ago Ather Energy Opens Showroom In Nagpur: Fourth Ather Showroom In Maharashtra
- News Neglected infectious diseases may be tomorrow's pandemic: Bharat Biotech chairman
- Finance 2 Small Cap Stocks Where FIIs Raised Stake By Up To 34.81% In December Qtr.
- Movies Anuradha Paudwal And Sadhana Sargam Grace Zee TV’s Sa Re Ga Ma Pa As Special Guests
- Sports PKL 2021-22: Mohit, Sombir star as Puneri Paltan make light work of Naveen-less Dabang Delhi
- Education NBEMS FDST Admit Card 2022 Released At nbe.edu.in, Here’s How To Download Hall Ticket
- Technology Oppo Watch Free Listed On Official Site In India; Launching Alongside Reno7 Series On Feb 4?
- Travel National Tourism Day 2022: Explore North India By Train
- Lifestyle Tired Of Hair Loss? Here Are Some Tips And Home Remedies To Naturally Regrow Your Hair
Jaguar Land Rover India launches the 2021 Range Rover Velar at Rs 79.87 lakh, ex-showroom (starting price). The Velar is available in two variants and deliveries have commenced across the country.
Variants & Pricing
- R-Dynamic Petrol: Rs 79.87 lakh
- R-Dynamic Diesel: Rs 80.71 lakh
All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India)
- Fuji White
- Santorini Black
- Portofino Blue
- Silicon Silver
2021 Range Rover Velar Updates
The design of the 2021 Range Rover Velar has not changed much from the previous model year. Some of the new features on the SUV include:
- New petrol and diesel engine options
- Air suspension technology
- Updated infotainment
- 360-degree camera
- PM 2.5 filter
The new Velar continues to feature a straight-up stance with the brand's signature honeycomb grille at the front. The rear feautes a sloping roof-line with wrap around tailamps and a skid plate with silver accents.
- LED headlamps with integrated DRLs
- LED taillamps
- Flush deployable door handles
- Black contrast roof
- Tailgate spoiler
- 20-inch alloy wheels
- R-Dynamic exterior pack
Interior Features & Technology
As mentioned earlier, the 2021 Velar has undergone a couple of changes inside from the previous model. This includes brand new Pivi Pro infotainment technology that uses two 10-inch touchscreens with new UI/UX.
The new infotainment provides:
- Intelligent navigation with real-time traffic information
- 2D & 3D maps with automatic updates
- Fuel & parking services
- Online search with ratings and reviews
- AI-enabled voice command services
- Active road noise cancellation feature
- 12-speaker Meridian audio system
- Android Auto & Apple CarPlay wireless connectivity
- 14-way power-adjustable driver seat
- Four-zone climate control
- Cabin air Ionisation with PM 2.5 filter
- Ambient lighting
- Cruise control
Engine & Transmission
The Range Rover Velar is offered in petrol and diesel engine options paired to an 8-speed automatic transmission. The SUV comes with four-wheel drive as standard.
2.0-litre D200 petrol engine with mild-hybrid
- Max power: 201bhp @ 4,250rpm
- Peak torque: 420Nm @ 2,500rpm
- Acceleration (0 to 100kmph): 8.20 seconds
- Top speed: 210kmph
2.0-litre P250 diesel engine with mild-hybrid
- Max power: 247bhp @ 5,500rpm
- Peak torque: 365Nm @ 4500rpm
- Acceleration (0 to 100kmph): 7.50 seconds
- Top speed: 217kmph
The new Velar features a 360-degree camera for enhanced visibility while driving the SUV in tight spaces. It continues to get the brand's All-Terrain Progress Control (ATPC) to tackle tricky terrain.
Additionally, the Velar also features air suspension that works in tandem with the ATPC to alter the ride-height depending on the terrain.
- Wade Sensing
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
- Emergency Brake Assist
- Hill Launch Assist
- Dynamic Stability Control
- Electronic Traction Control
- Roll Stability Control
- Hill Descent Control
- 6 airbags
- Rear ISOFIX anchors
Land Rover India is offering the new Velar with benefits of Rs 2.5 lakh. This includes an exchange bonus of Rs 2 lakh for your old Jaguar Land Rover model; and a Rs 50,000 loyalty bonus.
Thoughts About The 2021 Range Rover Velar Launched In India
Jaguar Land Rover has launched its mid-range SUV offering in India in an all-new avatar. The 2021 Velar becomes appealing to the buyers with a host of updates over the previous model. The Velar rivals the likes of the Jaguar F-Pace, Mercedes GLE Coupe, and the BMW X6.