- 9 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Increase — Company’s Third Price Hike Of 2021 Coming Soon
- 13 hrs ago 2021 Mini Hatchback, Convertible & John Cooper Works (JCW) Launched In India At Rs 38 Lakh
- 17 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Exports Commences To Nepal, Indonesia & South Africa: Details
- 19 hrs ago 2021 Jaguar F-Pace SVR Bookings Open In India: High-Performance SUV Coming Soon
- News Viral video: Groom rests hand on shoulder of bride, Check what happens next
- Technology List Of Best Over-Ear Headphones To Buy In India Under Rs 5,000
- Sports WTC Final, Day 5: Southee removes openers as India reach 64/2 at stumps; contest goes into reserve day
- Movies Mohanlal's Marakkar Arabikadalinte Simham To Be Exclusively Screened On All Screens In Kerala!
- Finance Sebi Exempts Heineken International From Open Offer In UBL Case
- Education Teaching Tips And Skills For Engaging Students In Online Classes
- Lifestyle #InThisTogether: Josh App Partners With Fortis For Mental Health Awareness Campaign
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August
Mercedes-Benz will be launching the much-awaited next-generation GLA in the Indian market. Ahead of the launch, the new GLA was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo. However, the launch of the GLA was postponed to 2021 due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
According to our sources, the German automaker is expected to launch the new GLA sometime by the end of this week. The new Mercedes-Benz GLA will be avaliable in petrol and diesel variants: 200, 220d and the AMG 35. The AMG variant is expected to arrive at a later date.
The engine and transmission options are likely to be the same as the ones offered on the A-Class Limousine. The GLA 200 will be powered by a 1.3-litre turbo petrol engine. It produces a maximum of 161bhp and a peak torque of 250Nm between 1620rpm and 4000rpm. The power is sent to the front wheels via a seven-speed DCT.
Powering the 200d variant is a 2.0-litre turbocharged unit that is all-new from the brand. It produces a maximum of 189bhp and a peak torque of 400Nm, mated to an 8-speed DCT. The 200d will be available in Exclusive and AMG Line trims. Only the AMG variant will be offered with the brand's 4Matic all-wheel-drive system.
The details of the top-spec AMG GLA 35 are yet to be known. We expect it to feature the brand' 4Matic system. It is also expected to be powered by a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine. It produces a maximum of 304bhp and a peak torque of 400Nm; mated to a seven-speed DCT.
The new GLA has grown in size and now features a more upright stance. It also features redesigned LED headlamps, tail lamps and a host of other changes as well. The AMG Line is expected to feature a more aggressive design with wider air intakes, all-around body cladding and more.
On the inside, due to the new-gen GLA's more upright stance, there is an increase in cabin space. The upcoming SUV will also feature updated toys and their features. The instrument cluster and the infotainment system are placed next to each other for a seamless design.
The infotainment system will support internet connectivity and wireless smartphone connection with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It will also feature the brand latest iteration of the MBUX voice assistance system as well.
Other features include a panoramic sunroof, turbine-style AC vents, wireless smartphone charging, a multifunctional steering wheel, climate control, ambient lighting and Mercedes Pre-Safe safety package, among others.
Thoughts About The 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLA India Launch
The Mercedes-Benz GLA will be the brand's entry-level offering, when launched in the Indian market. It is expected to be placed lower than the A-Class Limousine. The Mercedes-Benz GLA will rival the BMW X1, Volvo XC40, and the Mini Countryman; among others.