- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 4 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 6 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- 6 hrs ago Skoda Karoq Restock Expected Soon In India: Could Be Locally Assembled
- News Rahul assures revisiting GST when Cong is voted to power at Centre
- Finance FM Launches Mobile App for Union Budget 2021
- Sports McIlroy turns tables on Hatton to set up thrilling final day
- Movies Larry King Of Larry King Live Fame Passes Away At The Age Of 87
- Lifestyle 17 Herbal Remedies To Get Rid Of Hot Flashes
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Technology Realme X7 Series RAM, Storage, And Color Options Leaked; Launch Expected For February 4
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
Maruti Suzuki is currently working on a couple of projects along with Toyota to introduce a few new models in the market. Apart from the joint-venture projects, the company is also working on revamping some of its models that are on sale in its line-up. This includes the premium entry-level Celerio hatchback.
The next-generation Celerio hatchback has been spotted testing several times in the country ahead of its launch. Latest spy images from Gaadiwaadi, reveals an undisguised test mule of the next-gen Celerio hatchback.
Although the images are only taken from the side of the hatchback, it does reveal a couple of design changes on the new-gen model. This includes the newly redesigned taillamps, that looks inspired from the units as seen on the Baleno premium hatchback.
It also reveals the new tailgate design which is curvier and rounded as compared to the old-gen model. Other details include a Suzuki badging which is placed on the centre of the boot lid next to above the pull-up handle to open the boot-lid.
Apart from the above-mentioned changes, the new-gen Celerio will feature a host of changes inside and out over the previous-gen model of the hatchback. 2021 Celerio will be utilizing the brand's Heartect platform that is already being used by other models in the line-up.
According to the company, the Heartect platform offers improved safety, better fuel efficiency, and enhanced driving dynamics. The second-gen Celerio is expected to feature a longer wheelbase than the outgoing model, which results in improved cabin space, especially for rear-seat occupants.
The new-gen Celerio hatchback seems to have grown in dimensions as compared to the outgoing model. It looks like the hatchback has been given a crossover stance with improved ground clearance as well.
The next-generation hatchback is also expected to undergo complete design revision inside and out. Exterior changes could include projector headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, newly designed alloy wheels, new LED tail lamps, redesigned bumpers at both ends and more.
We also expect the new-gen hatchback to feature the brand's latest iteration of SmartPlay Studio touchscreen infotainment system. Other expected features include a multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls, climate control, dual-tone upholstery and more.
The engine on the new-gen Celerio is expected to remain unchanged from the outgoing model. It will be powered by the same K10B petrol engine that produces a maximum of 68bhp at 6000rpm and a peak torque of 90Nm at 3500rpm. It comes mated to either a five-speed manual or five-speed AMT. The CNG offering on the current Celerio hatchback is also expected to be carried over to the next-gen model.
Thoughts About The Next-Generation Maruti Suzuki Celerio Spotted Undisguised Ahead Of India Launch
The Maruti Suzuki Celerio has been a game-changer for the brand by AMT automatics popular among the masses in the country. However, the hatchback was first launched over seven years ago and is due for a significant upgrades front the company.