- 20 hrs ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 24 hrs ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 24 hrs ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 1 day ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- Finance Bank Holiday Alert: Check Complete List of Bank Holidays In August 2021 Here
- News Sanjay Raut's 'Hiroshima bombing' comparison to Pegasus row
- Movies Rashmika Mandanna is 'Back For A Day' for Mission Majnu, Read On!
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Indian shooting contingent draws blank for second day running, rifle scores worrying
- Education CGBSE 12th Marksheet: Check CG 12th Result Name Wise And Roll Number
- Lifestyle Cancer Centre Successfully Initiates Neuro-Monitoring Technique For Spinal Cord Surgery, A First In Mumbai
- Technology Vodafone-Idea Likely To Follow Airtel; Increase Tariffs Of Postpaid Plans
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
The new Maruti Suzuki Celerio design has been leaked via patent images surfaced online. The pictures reveal a couple of exterior design elements of the new Celerio ahead of its India launch. It also reveals the changes in the overall silhouette of the car, which gives it a more upright stance.
The leaked patent images confirm a couple of changes made to the 2021 Celerio. Speaking about the design, Maruti Suzuki already stated that the new Celerio will be utilizing the brand's Heartect platform.
According to the company, the Heartect platform offers improved safety, better fuel efficiency, and enhanced driving dynamics. The new platform on the second-gen Celerio will give a longer wheelbase than the outgoing model resulting in improved cabin space.
Additional space from the new Heartect platform is expected to be added at the back to increase legroom for rear passengers.
This also means a larger footprint over the existing model. With the increase in footprint, the hatchback now features a crossover-ish stance with improved ground clearance as well. Actual dimensions number could be revealed at the time of unveiling.
The next-generation hatchback is also expected to undergo design revision inside and out. Exterior changes include new projector headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, newly designed alloy wheels, new LED tail lamps, redesigned bumpers at both ends and more.
Inside, the new Celerio will feature the brand's SmartPlay Studio touchscreen infotainment system. Other enhancements such as new upholstery, dashboard design and new seats are expected on the new-gen hatchback.
Apart from the design, the new Celerio will feature changes under the bonnet. The hatchback is expected to be offered with the 1.2-litre K12 unit that currently powers the WagnoR and other models in the brand's line-up.
The 1.2-litre engine churns out a maximum of 82bhp at 6000rpm and a peak torque of 113Nm at 4200rpm. The new engine will be sold alongside the existing 1.0-litre unit on the outgoing Celerio.
The 1.0-litre engine produces a maximum of 68bhp at 6000rpm and a peak torque of 90Nm at 3500rpm.
Both engines come mated to either a five-speed manual or five-speed AMT. The company is expected to continue the petrol-CNG offering on the second-generation Celerio hatchback on the lower-spec 1.0-litre engine.
Although Maruti Suzuki is yet to confirm the launch of the new Celerio hatchback, we reckon the new hatchback could arrive by the end of 2021.
Thoughts About The New Maruti Suzuki Celerio Design Patent Images Leaked Ahead Of India Launch
The Celerio has been on sale since 2014 in India and has not received any major design updates from the brand. The outgoing Celerio hatchback is in its first-generation design. As a result, the new model launching will only be the second generation of the hatchback.
Image Source: Suzuki Garage