- 22 hrs ago Car Sales Report For July 2021: Toyota Registers Over 13,000 Units In Domestic Sales
- 23 hrs ago Royal Enfield Himalayan 411 On-Road Biased Model Design Leaked: Could It Be The Scram?
- 1 day ago Mahindra XUV700 Design Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Features Large Taillamps & Other Details
- 1 day ago Yulu Dex Launched For Last-Mile Delivery: 10,000 Units To Be Deployed In Bangalore, Pune & Delhi
- News India assumes UN Security Council Presidency for August, maritime security, counter-terrorism on agenda
- Sports Technical glitch at the end moment plays spoilsport for Akhil Rabindra at Circuit Spa
- Movies Game Of Thrones Fame Kit Harington Opens Up About Embracing Fatherhood And Parenting With Rose Leslie
- Finance Markets Next Week: Key Events To Watch Out For
- Lifestyle On Taapsee Pannu’s Birthday, Her Behind-The-Scenes Candid Fashion Moments From The Sets Of Her Movies
- Technology Micromax In 2b Contest Alert: Answer Questions To Win Free Smartphone
- Education UP Board Result 2021: UP Board Class 10th 12th Result 2021 Declared, Check UPMSP 10th 12th Result 2021 Here
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tripura In August
The new Maruti Suzuki Celerio design has been leaked via patent images surfaced online. The pictures reveal a couple of exterior design elements of the new Celerio ahead of its India launch. It also reveals the changes in the overall silhouette of the car, which gives it a more upright stance.
The leaked patent images confirm a couple of changes made to the 2021 Celerio. Speaking about the design, Maruti Suzuki already stated that the new Celerio will be utilizing the brand's Heartect platform.
According to the company, the Heartect platform offers improved safety, better fuel efficiency, and enhanced driving dynamics. The new platform on the second-gen Celerio will give a longer wheelbase than the outgoing model resulting in improved cabin space.
Additional space from the new Heartect platform is expected to be added at the back to increase legroom for rear passengers.
This also means a larger footprint over the existing model. With the increase in footprint, the hatchback now features a crossover-ish stance with improved ground clearance as well. Actual dimensions number could be revealed at the time of unveiling.
The next-generation hatchback is also expected to undergo design revision inside and out. Exterior changes include new projector headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, newly designed alloy wheels, new LED tail lamps, redesigned bumpers at both ends and more.
Inside, the new Celerio will feature the brand's SmartPlay Studio touchscreen infotainment system. Other enhancements such as new upholstery, dashboard design and new seats are expected on the new-gen hatchback.
Apart from the design, the new Celerio will feature changes under the bonnet. The hatchback is expected to be offered with the 1.2-litre K12 unit that currently powers the WagnoR and other models in the brand's line-up.
The 1.2-litre engine churns out a maximum of 82bhp at 6000rpm and a peak torque of 113Nm at 4200rpm. The new engine will be sold alongside the existing 1.0-litre unit on the outgoing Celerio.
The 1.0-litre engine produces a maximum of 68bhp at 6000rpm and a peak torque of 90Nm at 3500rpm.
Both engines come mated to either a five-speed manual or five-speed AMT. The company is expected to continue the petrol-CNG offering on the second-generation Celerio hatchback on the lower-spec 1.0-litre engine.
Although Maruti Suzuki is yet to confirm the launch of the new Celerio hatchback, we reckon the new hatchback could arrive by the end of 2021.
Thoughts About The New Maruti Suzuki Celerio Design Patent Images Leaked Ahead Of India Launch
The Celerio has been on sale since 2014 in India and has not received any major design updates from the brand. The outgoing Celerio hatchback is in its first-generation design. As a result, the new model launching will only be the second generation of the hatchback.
Image Source: Suzuki Garage