- 1 hr ago Bajaj CT 110X Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details!
- 2 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Revealed: Gets Subtle Design Changes & More Powerful Engines
- 3 hrs ago Next-Gen Mahindra Scorpio Spotted Testing Again Revealing New Features: Pics & Details
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Fortuner Legender Road Test Review: Most Powerful SUV In Its Segment!
- Sports IPL 2021: AB de Villiers explains how he deals with various challenges of T20 format
- Finance Infosys Q4 profit at Rs 5,078 crore; Announces Share Buy-Back, Declares Dividend
- Lifestyle Ram Navami 2021: The Story Of Lord Rama, Shabri And Her Half-Eaten Berries
- Movies Virata Parvam Starring Rana Daggubati And Sai Pallavi Gets Postponed Due To Rise In COVID-19 Cases
- News SC says access to professional education no government largesse
- Technology DoT Might Announce New Guidelines For Telecom PLI Scheme
- Education CBSE Board Exams 2021: Class 10th Exam Cancelled, 12th Postponed
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
Maruti Suzuki is said to be working on introducing a new-generation iteration of its Celerio hatchback offering in the Indian market. The new-generation Maruti Suzuki Celerio has been spotted testing on multiple occasions across India.
Now, Express Drives have revealed that the upcoming new-generation Maruti Suzuki Celerio is expected to go on sale in the Indian market sometime in mid-May 2021.
Once launched, the new Celerio will be larger, safer and more spacious compared to its current model. It will, however, continue to take on the same rivals in the segment as before. It will, though, be offered at a slight premium compared to the price of the outgoing model.
Talking about the changes on the hatchback, the new-gen Celerio will now be part of the brand's HEARTECT platform. This currently underpins multiple models in Maruti Suzuki's lineup, including the Swift, WagonR and the Dzire.
The new platform will make the new Celerio safer than before. Maruti Suzuki will also offer the upcoming hatchback with a host of safety features as well, including dual front airbags, speed alerts, seat belt reminders and ABS as standard across all its variants.
Apart from the new safety features and the new platform, the new Celerio will also feature a host of design changes, both inside and out.
The updated styling will be further complemented with a host of premium features as well. This includes LED lighting, newly designed alloy wheels, an updated dashboard, steering-mounted controls, a large 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and many more.
The new-generation Maruti Suzuki Celerio is expected to be powered by an updated version of the same 1.0-litre petrol engine. This is expected to offer the same power and torque figures as well. The engine will also come mated to the same five-speed manual gearbox, with the optional AGS (Auto Gear Shift) automatic transmission as well.
Maruti Suzuki could also offer the new Celerio with a slightly more powerful 1.2-litre engine as well. This will be the same unit, which does duty on models such as the WagonR.
Thoughts On The New-Generation Maruti Suzuki Celerio Launch Timeline
The new-generation Maruti Celerio is expected to feature a new design with a host of updates, which could attract sales in the market. Once launched, the new Maruti Celerio will rival the likes of the Tata Tiago and the Ford Figo in the segment.