- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 19 hrs ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 20 hrs ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 22 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- News 'Regret not learning Tamil': PM Modi on Mann Ki Baat
- Sports Rumour Has It: Gerrard lined up for Liverpool return as Klopp exit looms
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Movies Parineeti Chopra's Saina: Makers Eyeing For A Theatrical Release; Read Details
- Technology Zili App: What Is Zili App? How To Download And Use Zili App On Jio Phone, Android, iPhone?
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Kia Motors is said to be developing an all-new MPV for the Indian market. The new Kia MPV for India codenamed 'KY' is said to be positioned below the brand's Carnival offering and will rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga in the segment.
According to reports from ElectricVehicleWeb.in, the new Kia MPV will be offered in a seven-seater configuration and is expected to go on sale in the market sometime in January 2022.
Similar to the Kia Seltos and the Sonet offerings, the new MPV will also be locally manufactured in India. The production will take place at the company's Anantapur facility in Andhra Pradesh. Reports also suggest, while a name for the MPV is yet to be decided, Kia Motors could choose something which suits both the domestic and international markets.
The new Kia MPV is also said to borrow its underpinnings from the Seltos SUV. This could translate to the new MPV also carrying forward the same engine options as the Seltos. To reiterate, the Kia Seltos is powered by a choice of three engines: two petrol and one diesel.
This includes a 1.5-litre petrol and diesel unit, both producing 115bhp with 142Nm and 250Nm of peak torque respectively. Both engines will come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with the diesel offered with an optional automatic transmission as well.
There is also a 1.4-litre turbo-petrol engine, churning out 140bhp and 240Nm of peak torque. This engine is mated to either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DCT automatic transmission. Reports suggest that the new MPV from Kia could also feature mild-hybrid technology at some point in its lifecycle.
Kia Motors entered the Indian market back in August 2019, with the Seltos and since then have introduced two other models in the market: Carnival and Sonet. All three models have gone on to receive an extremely positive response in their respective segments as well.
The new Kia MPV being positioned below the Carnival, will make it a more affordable offering in the Indian market. Unlike the Kia Carnival, the new MPV will be a mass-volume offering, expected to bring in large sales numbers for the brand, similar to the Seltos and the Sonet.
Thoughts On The New Kia MPV Coming To India Soon
The new Kia MPV coming to India will be locally manufactured at the company's facility here. Prices for the new MPV are expected to be in the same range as its competition.