- 3 hrs ago Car Sales Report For July 2021: Skoda Registers Over 3,000 Units Last Month
- 4 hrs ago BMW 740Li M Sport Individual Edition Launched In India At Rs 1.42 Crore: 335bhp, Twin Turbo Engine
- 7 hrs ago 2022 Indian Auto Expo Postponed Due To COVID-19 Threat — New Dates To Be Announced Soon
- 8 hrs ago Honda NX200 Teased Ahead Of Launch — Honda Bets Big On Upcoming Budget ADV Tourer
- Movies Mahhi Vij And Jay Bhanushali Celebrate Daughter Tara's Second Birthday, Actress Pens Heartfelt Note
- News Assam's Cachar district declares Mizoram border no-drone zone
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Himanta leads prayers ahead of Lovlina's semi-final bout in Olympics
- Finance E-Vehicles Exempted From Registration Certificate Issue/Renewal Fee
- Technology Realme GT 5G Series To Comprise Three Models In India; Company Eyeing Flagship Segment?
- Education CBSE School Wise Result 2021 For Class 10th And 12th At cbseresults.nic.in
- Lifestyle Zareen Khan, Malaika Arora, Neha Sharma And Genelia Deshmukh Stun Us With Their Awesome Gowns
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Manipur In August
Jeep has launched its popular Wrangler SUV in the Indian market. The new (2021) Jeep Wrangler is now imported into the country via the CKD (Completely Knocked Down) route and is locally assembled at the brand's facility in the country.
The new locally-assembled Jeep Wrangler SUV is now offered with a starting price of Rs 53.90 lakh. The SUV continues to be offered in the same two trim levels as before: Unlimited & Rubicon. The range-topping Wrangler Rubicon now retails at Rs 57.9 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (India).
This translates to a price reduction of over Rs 10 lakh, compared to the full import models introduced in India last August. Jeep has also announced that while bookings for the locally-assembled Wrangler had already begun, deliveries for the off-roader will begin immediately.
The locally-assembled Jeep Wrangler remains mostly identical to the full import version from last year. The off-roader carries forward the same design, exterior features and interior equipment as before. The SUV also continues to be powered by the same petrol engine as its CBU version.
Talking about the design and features, the Made-in-India Jeep Wrangler carries forward the same styling. The SUV features circular LED headlamps flanking the signature seven-slat grille, fender-mounted side indicators, 18-inch alloy wheels, LED taillights and a tailgate-mounted spare wheel. Jeep continues to offer the Wrangler with the option of completely removing the doors and the roof from the SUV as well.
Inside as well, the locally-assembled SUV carries forward a host of features and equipment. This includes an 8.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It also features the brand's UConnect technology.
Other features on the inside also include push-button start/stop, premium leather upholstery, dual-zone climate control, passive keyless entry, 7-inch colour MID on the instrument cluster and many more.
The new ‘Made-in-India' Jeep Wrangler also comes packed with a host of safety equipment. This includes electronic stability control, hill start and descent control, automatic headlamps, electronic roll mitigation, TPMS, rear parking sensors and camera and front and side airbags; among others.
Jeep has also introduced a special ‘limited-run' edition of the Wrangler, based on the Wrangler Unlimited model. The special edition model commemorates the brand's 80th Anniversary and features unique design elements and highlights. This includes an 80th Anniversary badging on the front fenders, centre console and front seats.
Under the bonnet, the locally-assembled Jeep Wrangler continues to be powered by the same 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine. It produces 262bhp and 400Nm of peak torque and is mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission as standard.
Being a capable off-roader, the Wrangler comes with Selec-Trac' full-time 4x4 system with a 2.72:1 crawl ratio on the base Unlimited variant. The Wrangler Rubicon gets a more high-tech ‘Rock-Trac' full-time 4WD system with 4:1 crawl ratio, along with electronically locking front and rear differentials, performance suspension and an electronically-operated sway bar.
Finally, the locally-assembled Jeep Wrangler will be offered with a choice of five colour options: Firecracker Red, Black, Sting Grey, Granite Crystal and Bright White.
Thoughts On The 2021 Locally-Assembled Jeep Wrangler SUV
The locally-assembled Jeep Wrangler is now Rs 10 lakh more affordable than its predecessors, which could make it even more popular in its segment. The Jeep Wrangler SUV in India rivals the likes of the Land Rover Defender and the Mercedes-Benz G350d SUV.