- 4 hrs ago Triumph Trident 660 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details
- 5 hrs ago Piaggio Ape Electric E-Xtra FX & E-City FX Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.83 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago RNAIPL Factory Visit: An Inside Look At The Production Process Of The Nissan Magnite SUV
- 6 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Globally Unveiled: Features Electrification As Standard!
- News Ahead of polls, Assam declared ‘disturbed area’ for 6 months under AFSPA by Governor
- Sports IND vs ENG, 3rd Test: Axar Patel slices through England as India shine in day-night Test
- Movies Naman Shaw And His Wife Nehaa Mishra Become Parents To A Baby Boy
- Lifestyle Your Wednesday Fashion Roundup Ft. Warina Hussain, Alaya F, And Nikki Tamboli
- Finance Finance Minister Lifts Embargo On Private Banks For Govt. Businesses
- Education CSBC Bihar Constable Admit Card 2021 Released At csbc.bih.nic.in
- Technology Airtel Forays Into Advertising Business; Launches Adtech Platform
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Karnataka In March
Jeep has announced that the 2021 Wrangler SUV will go on sale in India from 15 March 2021. The new (2021) Jeep Wrangler will be locally assembled at the brand's facility in India, allowing the SUV to be priced competitively in the segment.
Ahead of its launch, however, Jeep has also announced the start of pre-bookings for the 2021 Wrangler model. Customers can book the 2021 Jeep Wrangler either online or at any of the dealerships across India, with deliveries said to start soon after launch.
Jeep has also commenced assembly of the 2021 Wrangler SUV at its Ranjangaon facility in Maharashtra. The Wrangler will be imported to India as a SKD (Semi-Knocked Down) unit, rather than as a CBU.
The SKD units of the 2021 Wrangler will benefit from lower taxation, which will be passed on to the customers. Once launched in India, expect the 2021 Jeep Wrangler SUVs to be priced substantially lower than the previous Rs 63.94 lakh, ex-showroom (India) tag.
Partha Datta, Managing Director, Jeep India said,
"Jeep has always represented the ultimate in capability and open-air freedom, and we are incredibly proud that our Made-in-India Wrangler protects that important legacy in the market."
He further added, "The Jeep Wrangler is the second out of the four localised products we committed to launch in India. We wanted to make the world's most recognised SUV even more accessible to our Indian customers and we are pleased to be able to meet their aspirations."
The made-in-India 2021 Jeep Wrangler will carry forward the same iconic design and styling of the SUV. There will, however, be a few new additional features and equipment on-board. This includes a new 8.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system with UConnect, passive keyless entry, push-button start/stop, leather upholstery all around and premium soft-touch material on the dash.
The outgoing version of the Jeep Wrangler is offered in two variants: Standard and Rubicon. However, Jeep is yet to announce the variant-lineup of the 2021 version of the SUV. The company is also yet to confirm the powertrain options which will be offered.
Having said that, we expect the 2021 Jeep Wrangler to continue being powered by the same 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine. It produces 262bhp and 400Nm of peak torque and paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
Thoughts On The 2021 Jeep Wrangler Launch Date & Booking Details
The 2021 Jeep Wrangler once launched in India will be offered at much competitive pricing. This should help the already popular off-roader to take on its rivals such as the Mercedes-Benz G 350d and the Land Rover Defender.