- 1 hr ago Bajaj CT 110X Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details!
- 1 hr ago 2021 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Revealed: Gets Subtle Design Changes & More Powerful Engines
- 2 hrs ago Next-Gen Mahindra Scorpio Spotted Testing Again Revealing New Features: Pics & Details
- 3 hrs ago Toyota Fortuner Legender Road Test Review: Most Powerful SUV In Its Segment!
- Movies Ashutosh Rana Tests Positive For COVID-19 After Taking First Dose Of Vaccine
- News 10 states account for 82% of COVID-19 cases
- Lifestyle Neha Sharma Exudes Summer Vibes In Her Chic Outfit As She Chills With Peacock And Relaxes In The Lap Of Nature
- Finance 4 Special FD Schemes For Senior Citizens Which They Can Avail Before June 30, 2021
- Sports IPL 2021: Big blow for Delhi Capitals as Anrich Nortje tests COVID-19 positive
- Education CBSE Board Exams 2021: Class 10th Exam Cancelled, 12th Postponed
- Technology Vivo V21 With 44MP OIS Super Night Selfie Camera Launching Soon: What To Expect?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
2020 Hyundai Creta is the best-selling car in the mid-size SUV segment in the Indian market. The company has just announced that the 2020 Creta model has achieved over 1.21 lakh sales in the Indian market.
The new-generation Creta model was introduced in the Indian market in February 2020 in the country. Ever since it's first launched last year, the SUV has found its way to homes of over 1.2 lakh customers in the country.
According to Hyundai, the SX and the SX (O) variants have contributed to over 51 per cent in total sales of the new Creta. This means over 1.2 lakh SUVs sold in the country belong to top-spec trims of the Creta.
Speaking about the ratio between petrol and diesel variants of the Creta sold in the Indian market. The 1.5-litre diesel variant constitutes over 60 per cent of total sales.
As a result, over 72,000 SUVs sold are diesel Creta variants. This indicates that the demand for diesel powertrain is very much present, even after the shift to stricter BS6 emission norms.
Moving to the demand for automatic variants over manual trims of the Creta. According to the company over 20 per cent of all SUVs sold are equipped with automatic transmissions. The SUV is offered with several automatic transmission options as well.
The Hyundai Creta has been the best-selling SUV model for the brand in the domestic market. The automaker has sold over 5.8 lakh units of the Creta since it was first launched back in the year 2015. The company has also announced that over 2.16 Creta SUVs have been exported under the Make in India initiative.
The Hyundai Creta is offered with a host of engine and powertrain options. This includes the 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines, and the 1.4-litre T-GDI turbo-petrol unit as well. All three engines will come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox with an optional automatic transmission.
The 1.5-litre petrol comes mated to a six-speed CVT, while the 1.5-litre diesel comes mated to a torque converter unit. The 1.4-litre turbo-petrol engine comes mated to a seven-speed DSG gearbox.
Thoughts About The 2020 Hyundai Creta Sales Cross 1.2 Lakh Units In A Year
The Hyundai Creta SUV is among the popular choice for buyers in the mid-size SUV segment. The SUV features diesel and turbo-petrol engines along with automatic transmission options, which are very much in demand in the Indian market.
The Hyundai Creta rivals the Kia Seltos, the Tata Harrier, the MG Hector and the Jeep Compass; among others in the Indian market.