- 21 hrs ago Car Sales Report For July 2021: Toyota Registers Over 13,000 Units In Domestic Sales
- 22 hrs ago Royal Enfield Himalayan 411 On-Road Biased Model Design Leaked: Could It Be The Scram?
- 24 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Design Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Features Large Taillamps & Other Details
- 1 day ago Yulu Dex Launched For Last-Mile Delivery: 10,000 Units To Be Deployed In Bangalore, Pune & Delhi
- Finance Markets Next Week: Key Events To Watch Out For
- News Karnataka Cabinet expansion: CM says directions from BJP high command likely on Aug 2
- Movies Actress Nandita Dutta And Her Associate Arrested In Kolkata In Connection With Adult Film Racket
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: Schauffele lands golf gold as Sabbatini's 61 earns silver
- Lifestyle On Taapsee Pannu’s Birthday, Her Behind-The-Scenes Candid Fashion Moments From The Sets Of Her Movies
- Technology Micromax In 2b Contest Alert: Answer Questions To Win Free Smartphone
- Education UP Board Result 2021: UP Board Class 10th 12th Result 2021 Declared, Check UPMSP 10th 12th Result 2021 Here
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tripura In August
Maruti Suzuki is looking introduces a couple of updated versions of its existing model line-up in the country. This includes the new-generation Celerio, which has been in the pipeline since last year. There were several spotting of the new Celerio test mules in the country.
However, according to a recent report from Autocar India, Maruti Suzuki might soon launch the new-generation Celerio in the Indian market. It will be only the second generation of the hatchback launching in the country.
The Celerio has been on sale since 2014 in India and has not received any major design updates from the brand. Also, at the time of the first launch, the Celerio was India's cheapest automatic transmission hatchback sold in the country.
Maruti Suzuki, however, is now geared up to launch the second generation of the Celerio hatchback with an all-new platform. The 2021 Celerio will be utilizing the brand's Heartect platform that is already being used by other models in the line-up.
According to the company, the Heartect platform offers improved safety, better fuel efficiency, and enhanced driving dynamics. The second-gen Celerio is expected to feature a longer wheelbase than the outgoing model resulting in improved cabin space.
The extra space is expected to be mostly added to the rear seats of the hatchback. With the increase in footprint, the hatchback has been given a crossover stance with improved ground clearance as well.
Moving to the other significant change on the new Celerio, it is expected to feature a new powertrain under the bonnet. The current 1.0-litre engine is expected to be sold alongside the new powerful 1.2-litre K12 unit from the WagnoR model.
The 1.0-litre engine produces a maximum of 68bhp at 6000rpm and a peak torque of 90Nm at 3500rpm. While the larger 1.2-litre engine churns out a maximum of 82bhp at 6000rpm and a peak torque of 113Nm at 4200rpm.
Both engines come mated to either a five-speed manual or five-speed AMT. The company is expected to continue the petrol-CNG offering on the second-generation Celerio hatchback on the lower-spec 1.0-litre engine.
The next-generation hatchback is also expected to undergo complete design revision inside and out. Exterior changes could include projector headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, newly designed alloy wheels, new LED tail lamps, redesigned bumpers at both ends and more.
The new Celerio's interior will undergo a design change as well. Starting with a new dashboard layout with the brand's SmartPlay Studio touchscreen infotainment system. Maruti Suzuki will also equip the next-gen Celerio with a host of safety features as standard including multiple airbags, ABS with EBD, seatbelt reminder, ISOFIX child seat anchors and more.
Thoughts About The New-Generation Maruti Suzuki Celerio India Launch Soon
The Celerio hatchback will be receiving the much-needed update from Maruti Suzuki. The new version of the hatchback will be bigger and offer a roomier cabin. The Maruti Suzuki Celerio will rival the Tata Tiago, Hyundai Santro, and the Renault Kwid because of its bigger proportions.