- 1 day ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 1 day ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 1 day ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 1 day ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- Technology Amazon Prime Day Sale 2021: Discount Offer On Top Trending Smartphones
- Movies Veteran Actress Savita Bajaj, Who Was In Dire Need Of Financial Help, Gets Discharged From Hospital
- Sports India vs Sri Lanka 1st T20I: Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Suryakumar Yadav star in India's 38-run win over Sri Lanka
- News PM Modi cleared roadblocks to NE peace, development: Amit Shah
- Finance 3 Best Performing And High-Rated Gilt Funds To Start SIP In 2021
- Education CGBSE 12th Marksheet: Check CG 12th Result Name Wise And Roll Number
- Lifestyle Cancer Centre Successfully Initiates Neuro-Monitoring Technique For Spinal Cord Surgery, A First In Mumbai
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
Ford launches the new Figo Automatic in India at Rs 7.75 lakh, ex-showroom (starting price). The automatic gearbox is offered only with the petrol engine and is available in two variants.
Bookings for the automatic variant is being accepted across the country for a token amount of Rs 11,000. Deliveries said to begin soon.
Variants & Pricing
- Titanium: Rs 7.75 lakh
- Titanium+: 8.20 lakh
All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India)
- Ruby Red
- Moondust Silver
- Smoke Grey
- White Gold
- Diamond White
Engine & Transmission
The automatic variant of the hatchback continues to use the same three-cylinder petrol engine now paired to a 6-speed torque converter. The transmission features the brand's 'Select Shift' technology, which enabled the driver to manually choose a gear using a button placed on the gear lever.
- Max power: 95bhp @ 6500rpm
- Peak torque: 119Nm @ 4250rpm
Additionally, the AT variant also receives a sport button and the traction control can be switched off. For ease of use, Ford had added a Hill Launch Assist to the AT variants as well. The same engine is also offered with a five-speed manual gearbox as well.
Design, Interiors Features & Safety
The automatic variant of the hatchback remains the same as its manual counterpart. It continues to feature a meshed grille along with halogen headlamps at the front. It also features new 15-inch alloy wheels.
On the inside, all the features from the respective variant have been carried forward from the manual variant. This includes:
- Charcoal black interiors
- Ford Pass connected technology
- 7-inch touchscreen infotainment
- Semi-digital instrument cluster
- Climate control
- Steering wheel with mounted controls
- Six airbags
- Traction Control System
Warranty & Maintenance
The Ford Figo is offered with a 3-year/100,000km standard warranty. The hatchback also features a service interval of 10,000km as compared to 5,000km of its rivals. According to the company, Ford Figo owners spend as low as Rs 1,313 for scheduled service in the first year while the 100,000km/10-year service is at Rs 4,097.
Ford Figo Automatic History
Ford offered a petrol automatic of the Figo in the past. Initially, it featured a more powerful 1.5-litre four-cylinder petrol engine paired to a DCT automatic lifted from EcoSport at the time. However, in 2019, the DCT was dropped and was replaced with a cost-effective 6-speed torque converter unit.
Finally, the engine and auto gearbox were dropped from the hatchback's line-up and was not updated to BS6-emission standards.
Vinay Raina, Executive Director for Marketing, Sales & Service, Ford India, said, "Ford is committed to serving customers in India and is proud to introduce the world-class automatic technology for customers in the mass-market segment. With a proven legacy of outstanding performance, unmatched safety, superior technology and segment-best connectivity, we are confident that the new Figo AT will be an automatic choice for several new buyers who don't believe in look-alike automatics like AMT."
Thoughts About The 2021 Ford Figo Petrol Automatic Launched In India
Due to the growing demand for automatics, the company has decided to re-introduce the variant of the Figo. It is offered in two variants with the top-spec model also getting an automatic option. The Ford Figo automatic variant is expected to be the preferred option and is expected to boost sales of the hatchback in India.