- 26 min ago Best-Selling Cars In India For February 2021: Maruti Suzuki Continues To Dominate Sales Charts Yet Again!
- 17 hrs ago BMW M340i xDrive Review (First Drive): The First Locally Assembled 'M' Car
- 18 hrs ago Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Sales Figures For February 2021: Outsells Nissan Magnite & Ford EcoSport
- 20 hrs ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- News Sharjeel Usmani moves HC, seeks quashing of FIR against him over speech
- Movies International Women's Day 2021: Throwback To TV's Most Powerful Queens In GOT, The Witcher & More
- Sports Doha feels like home – Kvitova after winning second Qatar Open title
- Education XLRI Sets Up A Centre For Gender Equality And Inclusive Leadership At Delhi-NCR Campus
- Technology Reliance Jio And Airtel Set Up 5G Towers In India: Ookla 5G Map
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Some Mythological Stories Of Lord Shiva That You Need To Know
- Finance NPS vs Other Tax Saving Investments: Where A Tax Saver Should Invest?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Ford India has launched the 2021 EcoSport SUV in the Indian market. The new Ford EcoSport is, however, just a model year update offered with subtle changes and a few new feature additions.
The new (MY2021) Ford EcoSport is offered with a price tag starting at Rs 7.99 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). This makes it more affordable compared to the older version by Rs 35,000.
The 2021 Ford EcoSport is offered in a range of five variants: Ambiente, Trend, Titanium, Titanium+ and Sports. All variants are offered with a choice of both petrol and diesel engine options (apart from the TItanium+), with the top-spec trim priced at Rs 11.49 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Here are the Variant-wise prices of the 2021 Ford EcoSport:
|Ecosport||Petrol Price||Diesel Price|
Other changes on the 2021 Ford EcoSport include the addition of the factory-fitted electric sunroof on the ‘Titanium' trim. The electric sunroof was previously available only on the top-spec Sports variant.
The new Ford EcoSport also comes with FordPass connected car tech. The new tech allows customers to connect their SUV to their smartphones and operate a number of features remotely. This includes starting, stopping, lock & unlock and AC controls; all via the FordPass app.
Apart from the above additions, the 2021 Ford EcoSport remains mostly the same. The compact-SUV carries forward all the same features from the older MY2020 model. This includes 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with SYNC3 tech, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, automatic headlamps, push-button start/stop, steering-mounted controls, rain-sensing wipers, six airbags, ABS with EBD and a host of others.
The MY2021 Ford EcoSport also comes powered by the same 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engine options. The petrol engine produces 123bhp and 150Nm of peak torque and the diesel engine churns out 100bhp and 215Nm of peak torque.
Both engines come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox. The petrol engine is further offered with an optional six-speed torque-converter automatic option as well.
Thoughts On The 2021 Ford EcoSport Launched In India
The MY2021 Ford EcoSport has been subtly revised in the Indian market, offering a few additional features, while also reducing its prices. This should make it a more attractive offering, especially in a highly contested segment.
The Ford EcoSport continues to rival the likes of the Tata Nexon, Mahindra XUV300, Kia Sonet, Hyundai Venue and the recently introduced Nissan Magnite.