- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Creta SX Executive Variant: Details Leaked Ahead Of India Launch
- 1 day ago New Lexus NX SUV Revealed Globally: India Launch Likely
- 1 day ago New Driving Licence Rules: Here’s How To Apply Learner Licence Online
- 1 day ago Audi e-Tron Arrives At Showrooms; India Launch On The Cards!
- Sports Mankad among 10 ICC Hall of Fame special inductees ahead of WTC final
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11: Nikki Tamboli Says She Is Scared To Cry In Front Of Her Parents Post Brother's Death
- News Mizoram man, head of world's largest family with 39 wives, 94 kids, dies at 76
- Education AP TET Syllabus 2021 Released, Notification Expected Soon
- Finance 8 Stocks To Be In News Or Buy On Monday, June 14, 2021
- Technology Week 24, 2021 Launch Roundup: iQOO Z3 5G, OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Nokia C20 Plus, Realme C25s And More
- Lifestyle Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi’s Pyjama Set Is A Vibrant Outfit For Dull Mornings; Find Its Price Inside!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In June
The Force Gurkha has been spotted testing again ahead of its launch in the Indian market. It is almost a year since Force Motors showcased the updated Gurkha at the 2020 Auto Expo. However, the off-roader is yet to be launched in the market with fans in the country eagerly waiting for its arrival.
The latest set of spy images from Rushlane reveals a completely undisguised test mule of the Gurkha SUV. From the images, we can spot the new headlamp setup with integrated LED DRLs, redesigned front bumpers, the factory-fitted snorkel and more. The test mule is also using steel wheels which could come equipped on the lower variant of the SUV.
Most of the changes made to the upcoming Force Gurkha were revealed at the time of Auto Expo last year. This includes a new grille redesigned headlamp clusters and bumpers at both ends, chunky body cladding and skirts all around the SUV and a new 16-inch alloy wheels with 245/70 tyre profiles.
On the inside, the new Gurkha has received s host of upgrades to offer an enhanced look and feel inside the cabin. This includes a new touchscreen infotainment system placed at the centre of the dashboard, a new instrument cluster with a MID display, individual seats in the second row and newly designed circular air vents; among others.
The new Gurkha is also set to become safer as compared to its previous-gen model. The off-road SUV now adheres to the new safety norms that came into effect from October 2019. As a result, the chassis and bodyshell of the new Gurkha have been heavily updated to offer more protection to occupants.
Moving to the changes made under the bonnet of the SUV, the new Gurkha will be using an updated version of the same 2.6-litre diesel unit. The updated four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine produces a maximum of 90bhp and a peak torque 200Nm of torque.
The engine comes mated to a standard five-speed gearbox with the power being sent to all four wheels. It will continue to feature manual locking differentials and a low-range gearbox to tackle the difficult terrains.
Thoughts About The 2021 Force Gurkha Spied Undisguised Again Ahead Of India Launch
The company is yet to announced the reason behind the delayed launch of the SUV. However, we believe the testing of the SUV is to be in its last leg with the launch happening soon. Once launched, the new Force Gurkha will primarily rival the new Mahindra Thar and the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Jimny in the Indian market.