- 1 hr ago BMW C 400 GT Teaser Video Released; Comes With 34 Bhp 350cc Engine
- 4 hrs ago New Honda BR-V Revealed; Comes With ADAS And Many Other Advanced Features
- 8 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Style Variant Gets Updated; Kushaq Style Variant Now Receives 6 Airbags & TPMS
- 23 hrs ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launched In India; Powered By R15 Sourced 155cc Engine With VVA
- News Special envoys of China, Russia and Pak hold talks with Taliban officials in Kabul
- Sports COVID scare at IPL 2021: Natarajan tests positive 11 days after arrival, Vijay Shankar also in isolation
- Movies Emraan Hashmi's First Pic From Tiger 3 Sets Is Out, As He Joins Katrina Kaif & Salman Khan In Austria
- Lifestyle Chitrangda Looks Graceful In Her White Suit Look And We Can’t Take Our Eyes Off Her
- Technology 3GB Data BSNL Prepaid Plan Offering More Benefits Than Airtel, Reliance Jio, And Vodafone-Idea
- Finance Bitcoin Recovers After Slipping Below $40K
- Education Delhi University Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link
- Travel 7 Amazing Indian Beaches For Families
Force Motors is yet to launch the BS6 Gurkha in the Indian market. The updated off-road SUV was first showcased 15 months ago at the Auto Expo 2020. There have been multiple spotting of the test mule around the country.
The latest spy images from Overdrive showcased the production-ready test mule of the off-road SUV testing in the country. The test mule features revised headlamps that is the same as the ones showcased at the Auto Expo. The test mule is also using emission testing apparatus as well.
We have been waiting for the Gurkha BS6's arrival in the market for a long time. However, the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country seems to have affected the launch of the all-new Gurkha.
It was initially scheduled for launch by the end of 2020. However, prevailing situations at the time force the automaker to push it to 2021. We are now almost completing 5 months of the 2021 Calendar Year and still, there was no sign of the imminent launch of the Gurkha.
Whether the spotting of the recent production-ready test mule points to off-road SUV getting launch in the coming weeks remains to be seen. In the absence of the competition, the Gurkha's arch-rival, the Mahindra Thar is raking up sales numbers for the brand.
The 2021 Gurkha will feature an all-new front fascia that will be similar to the concept SUV showcased at the Auto Expo. This includes a revised grille, redesigned headlamp clusters and bumpers at both ends, chunky body cladding all around the SUV.
The interiors of the off-road SUV will be heavily updated with a host of new features. It is expected to receive a new touchscreen infotainment system placed at the centre of the dashboard, a new instrument cluster with a MID display, individual seats in the second row and newly designed circular air vents as well; among others.
The 2021 Gurkha is also set to become a lot safer by meeting the new safety norms. The chassis and bodyshell of the new Gurkha will be heavily updated to offer occupants and pedestrian safety. It is expected to be offered with dual airbags, ABS, and stability control as standard.
Mechanically, the new Gurkha will be using an updated version of the same 2.6-litre diesel unit. The updated four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine produces a maximum of 90bhp and a peak torque 200Nm of torque.
The engine comes mated to a standard five-speed gearbox with the power being sent to all four wheels. It will continue to feature manual locking differentials and a low-range gearbox to tackle the difficult terrains.
Thoughts About The 2021 Force Gurkha Near Production SUV Spied Testing Again
Force Gurkha fan have been eagerly waiting for the arrival of the BS6 version for quite some time now. Apart from the recent spotting of test mules, there have been no concrete signs towards the updated off-road SUVs launch in the country. Sightings of the near production-ready test mules point to the imminent launch of the BS6 Force Gurkha.