- 51 min ago Car Falls Into Sinkhole At Mumbai Parking Lot — Hyundai Venue Sinks Within A Few Seconds
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Creta SX Executive Variant: Details Leaked Ahead Of India Launch
- 1 day ago New Lexus NX SUV Revealed Globally: India Launch Likely
- 1 day ago New Driving Licence Rules: Here’s How To Apply Learner Licence Online
- Movies Spotted : Rashmika Mandanna Arrives In Mumbai, To Resume The Shoot Of Goodbye
- Sports French Open 2021: Novak Djokovic fights back from two sets down to clinch his 19th Grand Slam title
- News Opposition alleges 'major' scam in land purchased to construct Ram temple in Ayodhya
- Education AP TET Syllabus 2021 Released, Notification Expected Soon
- Finance 8 Stocks To Be In News Or Buy On Monday, June 14, 2021
- Technology Week 24, 2021 Launch Roundup: iQOO Z3 5G, OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Nokia C20 Plus, Realme C25s And More
- Lifestyle Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi’s Pyjama Set Is A Vibrant Outfit For Dull Mornings; Find Its Price Inside!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In June
Force Motors is yet to launch the BS6 Gurkha in the Indian market. The updated off-road SUV was first showcased 15 months ago at the Auto Expo 2020. There have been multiple spotting of the test mule around the country.
The latest spy images from Overdrive showcased the production-ready test mule of the off-road SUV testing in the country. The test mule features revised headlamps that is the same as the ones showcased at the Auto Expo. The test mule is also using emission testing apparatus as well.
We have been waiting for the Gurkha BS6's arrival in the market for a long time. However, the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country seems to have affected the launch of the all-new Gurkha.
It was initially scheduled for launch by the end of 2020. However, prevailing situations at the time force the automaker to push it to 2021. We are now almost completing 5 months of the 2021 Calendar Year and still, there was no sign of the imminent launch of the Gurkha.
Whether the spotting of the recent production-ready test mule points to off-road SUV getting launch in the coming weeks remains to be seen. In the absence of the competition, the Gurkha's arch-rival, the Mahindra Thar is raking up sales numbers for the brand.
The 2021 Gurkha will feature an all-new front fascia that will be similar to the concept SUV showcased at the Auto Expo. This includes a revised grille, redesigned headlamp clusters and bumpers at both ends, chunky body cladding all around the SUV.
The interiors of the off-road SUV will be heavily updated with a host of new features. It is expected to receive a new touchscreen infotainment system placed at the centre of the dashboard, a new instrument cluster with a MID display, individual seats in the second row and newly designed circular air vents as well; among others.
The 2021 Gurkha is also set to become a lot safer by meeting the new safety norms. The chassis and bodyshell of the new Gurkha will be heavily updated to offer occupants and pedestrian safety. It is expected to be offered with dual airbags, ABS, and stability control as standard.
Mechanically, the new Gurkha will be using an updated version of the same 2.6-litre diesel unit. The updated four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine produces a maximum of 90bhp and a peak torque 200Nm of torque.
The engine comes mated to a standard five-speed gearbox with the power being sent to all four wheels. It will continue to feature manual locking differentials and a low-range gearbox to tackle the difficult terrains.
Thoughts About The 2021 Force Gurkha Near Production SUV Spied Testing Again
Force Gurkha fan have been eagerly waiting for the arrival of the BS6 version for quite some time now. Apart from the recent spotting of test mules, there have been no concrete signs towards the updated off-road SUVs launch in the country. Sightings of the near production-ready test mules point to the imminent launch of the BS6 Force Gurkha.