- 8 hrs ago Hyundai Creta SX Executive Variant: Details Leaked Ahead Of India Launch
- 21 hrs ago New Lexus NX SUV Revealed Globally: India Launch Likely
- 23 hrs ago New Driving Licence Rules: Here’s How To Apply Learner Licence Online
- 1 day ago Audi e-Tron Arrives At Showrooms; India Launch On The Cards!
- Finance Sharpening Income Inequalities Telling Story of Uneven Economic Recovery Amid Pandemic: Ex-RBI Guv
- Sports Australian swimmer breaks 100-meter backstroke world record
- News Congress needs widespread reforms to show it's no longer in inertia: Kapil Sibal
- Movies Hrithik Roshan Extends His Support To A Foundation And Donates Masks To Frontline Warriors
- Technology Week 24, 2021 Launch Roundup: iQOO Z3 5G, OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Nokia C20 Plus, Realme C25s And More
- Lifestyle Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi’s Pyjama Set Is A Vibrant Outfit For Dull Mornings; Find Its Price Inside!
- Education THE Asia University Rankings 2021: List of Indian Universities In Times Asia Rankings 2021
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In June
Force Motors is yet to launch the BS6 Gurkha in the Indian market. The off-road SUV was first showcased 15 months ago at the 2020 Auto Expo, ahead of its launch. However, we have now received from our sources that the new Gurkha will now arrive sometime in the second quarter of FY2022.
The company might finally launch the long-waited Gurkha between July and September this year. Our sources also mentioned that the test drives of the off-road SUV have begun across select dealerships in the country.
The BS6 Force Gurkha was expected to be launched sometime in the last year after its showcase at the Expo. However, the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic has forced the automaker to postpone the launch several times since.
The off-road SUV has been spotted several times testing with and without camouflage in the country. There were spottings of test mules of the Gurkha with all the add-on accessories showcased on the SUV model at the Auto Expo last year.
Force Motors has made several exterior and interior changes to the upcoming Gurkha. Starting with the front, it will get a new front fascia with a reworked grille, new headlamps with LED DRLs and a new bumper design at both ends.
Some of the other exterior features on the SUV include all-around body cladding, revised taillamps, tail-gate mounted spare tyre and more.
The interiors of the off-road SUV will be heavily updated with a host of new features. It is expected to receive a new touchscreen infotainment system placed at the centre of the dashboard, a new instrument cluster with a MID display, individual seats in the second row and newly designed circular air vents as well; among others.
The BS6 Gurkha will continue to feature the same seating layout with four forward-facing seats in the first and second row. Two more seats facing each other are present in the SUV's boot.
As mentioned before, the Force Gurkha will be offered a host of accessories from the factory. This includes a windshield protector frame, roof rack and a side step. More accessories could be revealed at the time of launch.
Changes will be made under the bonnet of the new Gurkha. The off-road SUV will be powered by an updated 2.6-litre diesel four-cylinder engine. It dishes out 90bhp and a peak torque 200Nm of torque; mated to a standard five-speed gearbox.
Power will be sent to all four wheels using a transfer case. The off-road SUV will continue to feature manual locking differentials and a low-ratio gearbox to tackle difficult terrains.
Thoughts About The New Force Gurkha India Launch Timeline Revealed
The Force Gurkha primarily rivals the Mahindra Thar in the Indian market. The Gurkha was the first SUV was revealed in its BS6 avatar, as compared to the Thar. However, 15 months after the showcase, we are still waiting for the BS6 Gurkha. While its primary rival has racked up over 55,000 bookings in the country.