- 10 hrs ago Rs 26,058 Crore PIL Scheme Approved By Government Of India; Government Expects 7.5 Lakh Job Opportunities & Rs
- 12 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Will Be Available In Five Different Colours; Pricing Starts From Rs 11.99 Lakh
- 14 hrs ago 2021 Kia Carnival Launched In India At Rs 24.95 Lakh: New Limousine Plus Variant Introduced
- 15 hrs ago Citroen C3 Unveiled In India Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Design, Features, Storage Space & More Details
- Lifestyle Parivartini Ekadashi 2021: Date, History And Significance Of This Festival
- News Schools, colleges in Uttar Pradesh to remain shut on Friday, Saturday in view of heavy rains
- Movies Mohanlal's Drishyam To Get An Indonesian Remake, Confirms Antony Perumbavoor
- Sports Dhoni named in 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Finance Air Traffic Increases 34% MoM In August
- Technology Realme Pad Review: Best Tablet In The Sub-20K Price-Point?
- Travel Awesome Beaches In India To Visit This Winter
- Education Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Date, History, Significance And All You Need To Know
Force Motors unveils the 2021 Gurkha off-road SUV in India ahead of launch. The new off-road SUV is now BS6 compliant and features a host of changes inside and out. However, it continues to be offered with a single engine and transmission option.
- LED headlamps with LED DRLs
- Blacked out the front bumper
- Engine bash plate
- Fog lamps
- Indicators placed above fenders
- All-around body cladding
- 7-inch touchscreen infotainment
- Android Auto & Apple CarPlay
- Manual AC
- Semi-digital instrument cluster
- 12V sockets (front & rear)
- Dual USB socket for rear passengers
- Tilt & Telescopic steering adjust
- Max power: 90bhp @ 3200rpm
- Peak torque: 250Nm @ 2400rpm
- Length: 4116mm
- Width: 1812mm
- Height: 2075mm
- Wheelbase: 2400mm
- Ground clearance: 210mm
- Water wading (depth): 700mm
- Gradeability: 35degree
- Turning circle: 5.65 meters
- Windscreen bar
- Roof carrier
- Rear ladder
- Roof rails
- Alloy wheels & AT tyres
- Rear side-facing child seats
The production version of the Gurkha looks similar to the concept SUV showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo. However, there are a few changes right up front starting with the new grille bearing the Gurkha moniker.
Looking at the off-roader from the side, we can notice the 3-door layout with a large window for rear passengers and a side step for easy ingress and egress. The Gurkha comes with 16-inch steel wheels as standard, which can be upgraded to alloys right from the factory as part of the accessories package.
The rear of the SUV also gets a few changes starting with a new taillamp design and a new bumper featuring parking sensors. It continues to come with a tailgate-mounted spare wheel, which adds to the rugged looks.
Interior, Features & Technology
Force Motors has given the new off-roader revamped interiors starting with new seats and upholstery. It continues to be 4-seater with all seats facing forward.
Engine, Transmission & Dimensions
The Force Gurkha continues to be powered by a 2.6-Litre turbo-diesel engine paired to a 5-speed manual gearbox. However, it also carries forward all other off-road mechanicals such as 4WD with a low ratio gearbox, manual front and rear locking differentials and a raised air-intake for water wading capabilities.
Accessories & Warranty
Force Motors is also offering several accessories to personalize the Gurkha right from the factory. This includes:
Regarding warranty, The off-road SUV is offered with a warranty for 3 years/1,50,000km. The company is also offering RSA included in the warranty as well. As the dealer network is yet to expand in India, the company is also offering pick-up and drop facilities for service.
Thoughts About The 2021 Force Gurkha BS6 Officially Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch
After a wait of over a year, Force Motors has finally unveiled the production version of the 2021 Gurkha off-road SUV. The new model comes with a host of changes inside and out, which makes it an appealing package over its predecessor. However, will it be enough to compete with the Mahindra Thar and the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Jimny? We will know once the prices are announced for the new Force Gurkha.