- 5 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR Xtra Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 23,000 More Than VXi Variant
- 7 hrs ago No More Registration Fee For Electric Vehicles — EVs To Become More Accessible In India
- 1 day ago All Cars In India To Feature Minimum 2 Airbags. Who Invented The Airbags, Importance…& More
- 1 day ago No Reduction In Import Duties For Tesla Says Government — Tesla Cars To Remain Expensive In India
- News Assam govt withdraws Mizoram travel advisory; To work towards border peace
- Movies Bigg Boss OTT: Anusha Dandekar Confirms She Is Not Participating; Will Shamita Shetty Join The Show Instead?
- Education HOS 12th Result 2021: HBSE Haryana Open School 12th Result 2021 Released
- Sports Tokyo 2020: PM Modi speaks to Manpreet, coach Reid after Olympic bronze; lauds team's hard work
- Finance 5 High Rated & Top Performing Small-Cap Funds To Plan SIP In 2021
- Technology Xiaomi Independence Day Sale: Discounts And Offers You Can Get
- Lifestyle Kiara Advani, Vidya Balan, And Nora Fatehi Flaunt Sarees; Whose Saree Did You Find The Prettiest?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In September
Force Motors released an Instagram video that starts with questions asked by the fans on social media on the arrival of the New Gurkha. In the end, the video says "We've heard you, you'll have your answer soon. Stay Tuned!".
From this, we reckon the New Force Gurkha BS6 India launch could happen in Q2 of 2021. The company was expected to launch the SUV by the end of 2020.
However, the Covid-19 pandemic has delayed the launch plans by over 15 months from its first showcase at the 2020 Auto Expo.
In those 15 months, the Gurkha BS6 was spied testing several times testing in the country. Spy pics of test mules in its production-ready guise without any camouflage have also surfaced. There were even spy images of test mules attached with optional factory-fitted accessories as well. All these spy images gave us an idea of what can be expected from the new Gurkha.
Force Motors has made several exteriors design changes to the upcoming Gurkha. Starting front the front, it receives a new front fascia with a reworked grille. New headlamps with integrated LED DRLs flank on either side of the grille along with a new front bumper design.
Looking at the SUV from the side, the boxy design of the SUV has been retained giving it a rugged stance. Adding to the off-road SUV looks is the all-around body cladding, revised taillamps, tail-gate mounted spare tyre, reworked rear bumper and protective scuff plates at either end.
Interior & Features Update
The company has heavily updated the interiors of the new Gurkha. The off-roader will be receiving a new touchscreen infotainment system that will be placed at the centre of the dashboard. It will also get a new instrument cluster with a MID display flanked on either side by two analogue dials.
Other features that are expected on the inside include individual seats in the second row and newly designed circular air vents as well, climate control on top-spec trims, mobile charging ports and more.
The BS6 Gurkha will continue to feature the same seating layout with four forward-facing seats in the first and second row. Two more seats facing each other are present in the SUV's boot.
The new Gurkha will features changes under the bonnet. The off-road SUV will be powered by an updated 2.6-litre diesel four-cylinder engine. It dishes out 90bhp and a peak torque 200Nm of torque; mated to a standard five-speed gearbox.
Power will be sent to all four wheels using a transfer case. The off-road SUV will continue to feature manual locking differentials and a low-ratio gearbox to tackle difficult terrains. The SUV will continue to feature a factory-fitted snorkel air-intake as well.
Force Motors will be providing a host of optional factory-fitted accessories, that are tried and tested for use by the company. Some of the accessories on offer will include a thick windshield brace bar, luggage carrier mounted on the roof and side step for easy ingress and egress.
Expected Price, Variants & Rivals
Force Motors is expected to price the Gurkha starting at around Rs 10 lakh, ex-showroom. The company is expected to offer the Gurkha in two variants with the top-spec featuring all the bells and whistles.
The Gurkha, once launched, will pick up the battle against the only other off-road SUV offering in the country at a similar price point, the Mahindra Thar. However, both SUV will soon be joined by the Maruti Suzuki Jimny — here are all the details.
Thoughts About The New Force Gurkha BS6 India Launch Officially Teased
The Force Gurkha BS6 India launch is most awaited by its fans and off-road enthusiast in the country. The SUV has made a name for itself by winning the 2016 Rain Forest Challenge — India's toughest rally competition.