- 6 hrs ago Audi e-Tron India Launch Confirmed For 22 July: Advanced Electric Vehicle Coming Soon
- 20 hrs ago Hyundai Alcazar Review (First Drive) — Feature Loaded SUV Gives You All You Need In A Car & More
- 21 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Deliveries To Begin In August; India Launch On 28 June, 2021
- 1 day ago 2021 BMW 5 Series India Launch Price At Rs 62.90 Lakh: 620Nm, New iDrive & MSport Variant Available
- Finance Market Closing: Nifty Ends Above 15,850; Financials, Metals Outperform
- Technology Oppo Reno 6 Series With 90Hz Display Launching Soon In India: What To Expect?
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam 3 Finalist Anoop Krishnan Gets Engaged; Watch Video Here!
- News Delhi experiences humid morning
- Education Patna HC Directs State Govt To Fill The Vacant Posts Of Commerce Teachers In Schools Within 6 Months
- Lifestyle Pooja Hegde Looks Like A Dream In Her Elegant Flower-Patterned Saree; Pictures Inside!
- Sports Wimbledon: Injured defending champion Halep ruled out
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Karnataka In July
The 2021 Land Rover Discovery has been listed on the official website. The new, updated Land Rover Discovery will be available in India sooner than we expected, as JLR has listed the updated version of Discovery on its Indian website even before its launch. The website also lists out the details such as specifications and available features across all its variants.
From the exterior, it is difficult to notice the changes, but the changes are visible while doing a side-by-side comparison with the previous model. The update includes a refreshed grille, slimmer LED headlamps with an updated DRL pattern.
On the rear, the change is more pronounced as the two tail lamps are now connected by a gloss-black panel to accentuate the width of the car. The interior receives an update in the form of JLR's latest PIVI Pro infotainment system. The new PIVI Pro infotainment system runs on a massive 11.4" touch screen system powered by a pair of Snapdragon processors.
Other changes include a conventional-looking gear selector that replaces the rotary-type gear selector-which used to welcome the user by gently rising up. The new infotainment system and electronics are an integral part of ‘futureproofing' plans from JLR by enabling the users to use next-generation driver assistance systems and over-the-air updates.
Powering the upcoming Land Rover Discovery is a range of engines taken from the Range Rover Sport but the update also brings a new 2.0-litre turbocharged engine capable of producing 296hp and 400Nm of torque.
For India, we will get the aforementioned P300 petrol engine, P360-a 3.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine capable of 355bhp and 500Nm, and D300-a 3.0-litre diesel engine with mild-hybrid technology capable of 296bhp and 650Nm.
All engines will come mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission as standard and will feature a host of electronic driver-aids for on-road and off-road driving. The Highlighting features include a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster, 360-degree camera, 4-Zone climate control, air purifier and heated seats.
The new Land Rover Discovery is also packed with top-tier safety features such as 8-airbags, adaptive cruise control, park assist, driver condition monitoring and wade sensing. The variants currently listed on the JLR website are S, SE, HSE, R-Dynamic S, R-Dynamic SE, and R-Dynamic HSE.
Thoughts On the New 2021 Land Rover Discovery Being Listed On The Indian Website
The new Land Rover Discovery's updates are part of JLR's move to use their latest PIVI Pro infotainment system and new electronics suite to future proof their line-up. This is a clever move from JLR to sustain their business without investing a lot of money in developing completely new models. This has been combined with a few minor exterior updates to give us the 2021 model.