- 3 hrs ago Omega Seiki Electric Three-Wheelers With Log 9 Battery Pack Takes 30 Minutes For Full Charge
- 4 hrs ago Piaggio India Opens 100 dealerships In 100 Days: A New Milestone Achieved!
- 5 hrs ago White Carbon Motors GT5 Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago The Largest Business Jet Gets Features From Rafale Fighter: Dassault Falcon 10X Unveiled
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam 3: Dimpal Bhal Is Back; The Mohanlal Show To Get An Extension?
- News Thane: Pet turtle dies after falling from 20th floor, owner booked
- Sports IPL 2021: When Kuldeep Yadav felt he wasn't the same bowler he used to be
- Finance 11 Top 5G Tech Stocks To Invest In India 2021 Which May Become Multibaggers In This Decade
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas’ Goddess Kali Jacket Has Gone Viral; Some Don’t Like It But We Love It; Details Inside!
- Education Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Know The Significance Behind The Celebration Of This Festival
- Travel Places To Visit In Puducherry In May 2021
- Technology Poco M3 Pro 5G Launch Scheduled On May 19; Another Rebranded Redmi Smartphone?
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has proposed a new system for vehicle registration in the country. The new system will allow free movement of personal vehicles across any state in India upon relocation.
The new rule is being proposed for Defence, Central /State Govt, Central/ State PSUs and Pvt sector Cos/organizations employees. However, the company has to have offices in 5 or more States or UTs to become eligible for the new vehicle registration policy.
The motor vehicle tax under the new registration scheme will be levied for two years or in multiple of two, as per the proposal. MoRTH has proposed a new ‘IN' series registration plate, which will indicate the vehicles nationwide registration validity for eligible private owners.
The government organization has asked States/UTs to offer their comments on the new proposal.
Based on the existing law, private vehicle owners can use the vehicle in a new state with the old state registration for 12 months. They are required to re-register with the new state within 12 months after relocating.
However, according to the government authority, the current rule has caused many issues for private vehicle relocating to a new state.
Announcing the new proposal via its Twitter account, MoRTh said, "Re-registration of the vehicle while moving to another state is one of the pain points in the vehicle registration process that needed attention. IT-based solution for vehicle registration is one such effort."
It further stated, "Station relocation occurs with both Govt / Pvt sector employees. Such movements create a sense of unease in their minds regarding the transfer of registration from the parent state to another state."
As a result, the government organization has decided to propose a new rule, which will become hassle-free for private vehicle owners to relocate from one State to another in the country.
Thoughts About MoRTH Proposing New All-India Vehicle Registration Policy
The new vehicle registration proposed by MoRTH solves one of the biggest issues in the Indian transport system. The new rule will allow free movement of vehicles regardless of their registered state across the country for a lifetime.
However, there are huge challenges in the implementation of this rule, which MoRTH says can overcome via IT solutions.