- 3 hrs ago Omega Seiki Electric Three-Wheelers With Log 9 Battery Pack Takes 30 Minutes For Full Charge
- 5 hrs ago Piaggio India Opens 100 dealerships In 100 Days: A New Milestone Achieved!
- 5 hrs ago White Carbon Motors GT5 Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 6 hrs ago The Largest Business Jet Gets Features From Rafale Fighter: Dassault Falcon 10X Unveiled
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam 3: Dimpal Bhal Is Back; The Mohanlal Show To Get An Extension?
- News Thane: Pet turtle dies after falling from 20th floor, owner booked
- Sports IPL 2021: When Kuldeep Yadav felt he wasn't the same bowler he used to be
- Finance 11 Top 5G Tech Stocks To Invest In India 2021 Which May Become Multibaggers In This Decade
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas’ Goddess Kali Jacket Has Gone Viral; Some Don’t Like It But We Love It; Details Inside!
- Education Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Know The Significance Behind The Celebration Of This Festival
- Travel Places To Visit In Puducherry In May 2021
- Technology Poco M3 Pro 5G Launch Scheduled On May 19; Another Rebranded Redmi Smartphone?
Very soon a nominee can be added for your vehicle's registration. The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) is trying to make some changes in the Central Motor Vehicle Rules, 1989 which will facilitate vehicle owners to add a nominee name in their vehicle's RC.
At present, the rules for change of ownership of the vehicle whose owner is deceased involves lots of formalities and paperwork. If the new proposed suggestion comes into action, the nominee can easily transfer the ownership of the vehicle, post the demise of the original owner.
The new rule change is also applicable to existing vehicles as well. Owners of both new and existing vehicles can add a nominee to the registration through an online application. However, vehicle owners must also submit proof of identity of the nominee to add his/her name to the RC.
The new rule also states that, in case of death of the vehicle's owner, the nominee must fill Form 31 and submit the application for transfer of ownership within three months from the death of the vehicle owner. The new rule also facilitates the change of nominee, if the registered owner wishes to do so through an agreed Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
Thoughts On New MoRTH Rule Allowing Vehicle Owners To Add A Nominee To The RC
The new rule change which allows the registered vehicle owner to add a nominee is a much-awaited and welcome decision from the MoRTH. With more than 1.5 lakh fatal road accidents happening every year throughout the country, this rule change is one for the better and will help get rid of burdensome paperwork.