- 5 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 21 hrs ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 22 hrs ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 24 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 8: Geetha Bharathi Bhat, Raghu Gowda, RJ Rajesh & Others In The Confirmed Contestants List
- News Bengal needs development-oriented govt, not copycat of TMC, BJP: Surya Kanta Mishra
- Sports India vs England: Rory Burns reprimanded for his angry tweet to Alex Hartley following Pink Ball Test defeat
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Technology Zili App: What Is Zili App? How To Download And Use Zili App On Jio Phone, Android, iPhone?
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
MINI India has announced a detailed sales report for the year 2020. According to the sales report, the company has delivered 512 cars in the calendar year 2020. The company has also posted its best-ever quarter in Q4 of 2020 between October and December.
Mini car sales grew by 34 per cent in the last quarter of the calendar year 2020 as compared to the same period in the year 2019. The company also registered its highest-ever monthly sales in December 2020 in the country.
Out of the total car sales in the Indian market, the locally produced Mini Countryman contributed to a majority share of over 40 per cent. The iconic Mini hatchback model contributed 33 per cent, while the Mini Convertible contributed over 23 per cent to the overall sales in the year 2020 in India.
The company also introduced four new Limited Edition Models last year. This includes the Mini Clubman Indian Summer Red Edition, the Mini 60 Years Edition, the Mini Convertible Sidewalk Edition and the Mini John Cooper Works GP Inspired. According to the company, three of the above-mentioned Limited Edition Models were exclusively launched online and were sold out within a few days in the country.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic and the need for a contactless and digital sales process, the company launched an online retail platform. Customers could book their desired Mini cars right from the comfort of their homes.
The online shop also lets customers explore the entire range, configure a model of their choice, locate the nearest dealer, request for a test drive or quotation, calculate the equated monthly instalments (EMI) of their desired Mini.
MINI is now seen as a successfully premium small car brand in the country. The company currently offers a host of models. These include the Mini three-door hatchback, Mini John Cooper Works hatchback, Mini Convertible and the locally produced Mini Countryman.
Additionally, the company has expanded its offline retail shop presence in the country. MINI now has established nine authorized dealerships in Delhi NCR, Pune, Kochi, Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Chandigarh, Chennai, Hyderabad and Bangalore.
Mr Vikram Pawah, President, BMW Group India said, "MINI was born out of a crisis. It's a bold and daring brand that is authentic, inventive and optimistic by nature. It brings people and communities together even in the most extraordinary times. And in an unprecedented year, it has proven this once again. MINI India increased its overall segment share and grew by 34% in the last quarter, which is commendable in the current scenario."
He further added, "True to its genes, MINI managed to innovate and adapt swiftly by offering a complete online journey to its customers with the introduction of the MINI Online Shop. From here on, MINI will continue to gather momentum and serve its customers with products and experiences that are progressive and unique."
Thoughts About Mini India Car Sales In The Year 2020
Despite the massive auto slowdown and the Covid-19 pandemic in the year 2020, Mini has overcome the challenges to post an excellent last quarter in sales. The demand for premium-luxury cars is growing in India with Mini offering a host of models to choose for the buyers in the segment.