- 12 hrs ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 16 hrs ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 18 hrs ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- Movies Mrunal Thakur On Mixed Reviews Of Toofaan: Validation Doesn't Come From Social Media Numbers
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Manu Bhaker, Yashaswini Deswal fail to qualify for women's 10m Air Pistol final
- Lifestyle Happy Parents Day 2021: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Status To Share With Your Parents
- Technology Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Best Selling Smartphones
- News Porn films case: 'Hidden' cupboard containing files of Raj Kundra’s finances found from his office wall
- Education JEE Main 2021 Session 3: Students Affected By Rains In Maharashtra To Get Another Chance
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
- Finance ICICI Bank Reports Q1Fy22 Net Profit At Rs. 4616 crore
MG has taken the wraps off the MG6 XPower, the new car is the high-performance variant based on the 2nd generation MG6 sedan. With this new high-performance variant of the MG6 sedan, MG has brought back the 'XPower' badge after almost 16 years.
For reference, MG's ‘XPower' is what an ‘AMG' is to Mercedes-Benz. The XPower badge was incorporated by MG after acquiring Qvale, a small and independent Italian car manufacturer.
So in a sense, the new MG6 XPower is half British and half Italian but sponsored by a rich Chinese businessman.
The Italian genes are evident in the way the new MG6 XPower looks, nothing about the exterior is subtle. For a start, the exterior comes in a rather eye-catching glossy dark green shade, then there is the exterior design itself with flared wheel arches, aggressive front bumpers with two thin rectangular slots above the grille to feed more air, a huge carbon fibre rear wing and an equally imposing diffuser.
However, the same flamboyance is not mimicked on the interior-the British genes do come into play here. The interior looks sharp and simple with clean lines and minimal clutter. The interior also shows two large displays, one for the instrumentation and the other one for the large touchscreen infotainment system.
The MG6 XPower produces an impressive 305bhp and 405Nm using a combination of a highly-strung 1.5-litre turbocharged engine and a high power permanent magnet synchronous motor.
The whole power unit is mated to an advanced 10-Speed ED intelligent electric dive gearbox, enabling the MG6 XPower to transfer all its 305hp efficiently onto the tarmac for a sub-6 second sprint to 100km/h from a standstill.
Thoughts On MG6 XPower Being Unveiled
The MG6 XPower seems thoroughly developed and tested. For a relatively new team in the company, the engineers have done a tremendous job. It is in many ways a homage to MG's motorsport history and is a job well done.