- 1 hr ago Upcoming Jeep Seven-Seater Spied Testing Once Again Ahead Of Launch: Details & More!
- 1 hr ago Bajaj Chetak Electric To Launch In Hyderabad & Chennai: New Cities Added!
- 2 hrs ago Royal Enfield Supports Silent Expedition Motorcycle Ride For A Cause; Provides Meteor 350 Motorcycles
- 2 hrs ago Honda Increases The Prices Of The Fifth Gen City, Amaze, Jazz & WR-V: Here Are The New Prices
- Technology Premium Smartphone Sales Might Decline Due To Delhi Lockdown
- Lifestyle Airport Fashion: Amyra Dastur And Taapsee Pannu Flaunt Comfy And Eye-Catching Traditional Outfits
- Movies Happy Birthday Chiyaan Vikram: Throwback Pictures Of The Anniyan Actor We Can’t Get Enough Of!
- News 39 die in Thane as Maharashtra grapples with surge in COVID-19 cases
- Finance How To Download A Masked Aadhaar Card Online?
- Sports IPL 2021: MI vs SRH Stats and Records preview: David Warner, Kieron Pollard, Manish Pandey eye big records
- Education NATA Answer Key 2021 Released At nata.in
- Travel Google Maps And Search Now Shows Covid-19 Vaccination Locations In India
MG Motor India will be launching its fourth SUV in the Indian market, which is a petrol variant of the ZS EV. It is expected to arrive sometime later this year. Ahead of its launch, some additional information has come to light recently.
According to the recent report from Autocar India, the upcoming MG ZS petrol variant could be called the Astor when launched in the Indian market. The company has trademarked the moniker ‘Astor' in the country. The new name will help give the upcoming SUV a distinctive presence from its electric counterpart sold in the country.
The MG ZS petrol a.k.a Astor has been spotted testing several times in different parts of the country. The company is also expected to increase the percentage of localization in the manufacturing of SUV. As a result, the ZS petrol is expected to be priced aggressively when launched in the Indian market.
The MG ZS SUV is already on sale in various international markets. The International-spec ZS is offered with a couple of engine options: the 1.5-litre unit and the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol unit. However, the India-spec SUV is expected to receive a 1.3-litre turbo-petrol unit.
The 1.5-litre four-cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine produces a maximum of 104bhp and a peak torque of 141Nm. While the 1.3-litre turbo-petrol unit produces 162bhp and 230Nm of peak torque. Both engines are expected to be offered with either a five-speed manual gearbox or a six-speed automatic.
Some of the exteriors features of the ZS SUV include MG's signature honeycomb grille, LED headlamps and DRLs, split-style wraparound LED tail lamps, aluminium faux skid plates at both ends and 17-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels; among others.
On the inside, the ZS features a host of features including an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple Carplay and Android Auto. Other features include rain-sensing wipers, leather upholstery, climate control, a start/stop push button; among others. It is also expected to feature the latest iteration of the brand's i-Smart connectivity technology.
The ZS SUV comes equipped with standard safety features, which includes, ABS with EBD, airbags, hill launch assist; among others. We expect the exterior and interior features of the global-spec models to be carried to India-bound ZS SUV as well.
Thoughts About The MG ZS Petrol Could Be Called Astor In India
The upcoming Astor SUV will be the new entry-level SUV offering when launched in the Indian market. Once launched, it will rival the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Renault Duster and the Nissan Kicks; among others in the Indian market.