- 3 hrs ago Land Rover Defender 130 Gun Bus Designed By Prince Philip To Be Used For His Last Journey
- 4 hrs ago Bajaj CT110X Launched In India Priced At Rs 55,494: The Rugged Commuter Is Here!
- 5 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak EV Prices Increased: Electric Scooter Bookings Closed Again In India
- 6 hrs ago TVS Apache RTR 160 4V & RTR 200 4V Prices Hiked Again This Year: Here Are The New Prices!
- Education Uttar Pradesh Board Exams 2021 Postponed For Class 10th And Class 12th
- Finance PNB has launched a digital initiative PNB@Ease, Check Details Here
- Movies Stranger Things: Gaten Matarazzo & David Harbour Drop Hints About The Anticipated Season 4
- Sports IPL 2021, RR vs DC Match 7: Ravichandran Ashwin closes in on T20 milestone
- Lifestyle Rakul Preet Singh Looks Cute And Awesome In Her Gingham Co-ord Set; Know The Price Inside!
- News Amid COVID-19 cases, Punjab to promote students of classes 5, 8, 10 without exams
- Technology Amazon Sony Audio Days 2021: Discount Offer On Headphones, Speakers, Home Theatre, And More
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
MG Motor India will be launching its fourth SUV in the Indian market, which is a petrol variant of the ZS EV. It is expected to arrive sometime later this year. Ahead of its launch, some additional information has come to light recently.
According to the recent report from Autocar India, the upcoming MG ZS petrol variant could be called the Astor when launched in the Indian market. The company has trademarked the moniker ‘Astor' in the country. The new name will help give the upcoming SUV a distinctive presence from its electric counterpart sold in the country.
The MG ZS petrol a.k.a Astor has been spotted testing several times in different parts of the country. The company is also expected to increase the percentage of localization in the manufacturing of SUV. As a result, the ZS petrol is expected to be priced aggressively when launched in the Indian market.
The MG ZS SUV is already on sale in various international markets. The International-spec ZS is offered with a couple of engine options: the 1.5-litre unit and the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol unit. However, the India-spec SUV is expected to receive a 1.3-litre turbo-petrol unit.
The 1.5-litre four-cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine produces a maximum of 104bhp and a peak torque of 141Nm. While the 1.3-litre turbo-petrol unit produces 162bhp and 230Nm of peak torque. Both engines are expected to be offered with either a five-speed manual gearbox or a six-speed automatic.
Some of the exteriors features of the ZS SUV include MG's signature honeycomb grille, LED headlamps and DRLs, split-style wraparound LED tail lamps, aluminium faux skid plates at both ends and 17-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels; among others.
On the inside, the ZS features a host of features including an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple Carplay and Android Auto. Other features include rain-sensing wipers, leather upholstery, climate control, a start/stop push button; among others. It is also expected to feature the latest iteration of the brand's i-Smart connectivity technology.
The ZS SUV comes equipped with standard safety features, which includes, ABS with EBD, airbags, hill launch assist; among others. We expect the exterior and interior features of the global-spec models to be carried to India-bound ZS SUV as well.
Thoughts About The MG ZS Petrol Could Be Called Astor In India
The upcoming Astor SUV will be the new entry-level SUV offering when launched in the Indian market. Once launched, it will rival the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Renault Duster and the Nissan Kicks; among others in the Indian market.