- 17 hrs ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- 1 day ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 1 day ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 1 day ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11 September 19 Highlights: Khiladis Enjoy Performances Of Dance Deewane 3
- Technology List Of 512 GB Internal memory Smartphones Available To Buy In India
- Sports IPL 2021, CSK vs MI: Stats, Full List of Award Winners, Man of The Match, Post Match Presentation Highlights
- News Stringent lockdown where Covid spread is critical: Kerala govt
- Finance Top 5 Best Cryptocurrency To Consider For Long Term Investments
- Education JEE Advanced 2021 Update: Registration Closes Tomorrow; OBC-NCL/EWS Certificates To Be Submitted By October 2
- Lifestyle 12 Indian Vegetables That You Must Add To Your Diet; Recipes And Possible Side Effects
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
The MG ZS EV achieves the highest sales and booking for the brand in July 2021. The company has received over 600 bookings with 404 customers taking delivery of the ZS EV electric SUV in India.
Rakesh Sidana, Director-Sales, MG Motor India, said, "The Hector and ZS EV have further gained momentum during the month. However, the severe shortage of chips is expected to continue for some time and will lead to supply constraints. While we expect overall consumer demand to rise, we should also remain cautious of the potential threats posed by the third wave."
Price, Variants & Colours
The ZS EV electric SUV is offered in two variants: Excite & Exclusive. They currently retail between Rs 20.99 lakh and 24.18 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The MG ZS EV is currently available in a total of 21 cities including Bangalore, Delhi, Chennai and more.
The ZS EV is available in three colours: Ferris White, Copenhagen Blue and Currant Red.
Electric Powertrain, Charging & Range
The electric SUV is powered by a 3-phase permanent magnet motor paired with a 44.5kWh lithium-ion battery pack. This produces a maximum of 141bhp at 3,500rpm and a peak torque of 353Nm at 5,000rpm offering a maximum driving range of 340km on a single charge.
The charge times for ZS EV via a home charger are rated between 6 to 7 hours for 0 to 80 per cent charge. While a 50kW DC fast-charger takes just 50 minutes to juice up the battery from 0 to 80 per cent.
The ZS EV also features three levels of KERS regenerative braking technology. This helps in recovering energy lost in braking, which will, in turn, charge the batteries resulting in increased driving range.
MG is offering five various ways to charge the ZS EV. This includes:
- Onboard charger
- AC fast charger
- DC Fast charger
- Fast charging at dealerships
- Charge-on-the-go (RSA)
- Projector headlamps
- LED DRLs
- LED taillamps
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Rear spoiler
- 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Apple CarPlay & Android Auto
- 3.5-inch MID
- 6 speaker audio system
- Cruise control
- PM 2.5 air filter
- Panoramic sunroof
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS with EBD & Brake Assist
- Hill Start Assist (HSA)
- Hill Descent Control (HDC)
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Electric Parking Brake
- Reverse parking camera
- ISOFIX child seat anchor
The ZS EV features subtle body lines and rounded corners to create a slippery and aerodynamic body, which reduces air drag. The charging port has been integrated into the grille with an illuminated MG logo.
Interiors, Technology & Safety
The electric SUV comes packed with a host of features including the brand's iSmart connected technology. This includes AI assistance that has been tailor-made for EV users to interact with voice commands.
Regarding safety, the ZS EV features a ton of equipment including 6 airbags as standard in both variants.
Thoughts About The MG ZS EV Bookings Cross 600 Mark Last Month
Electric vehicle adoption is increasing in India with motorists switching to green mobility. There are only a handful of electric four-wheelers available in the country for private buyers, which includes the MG ZS EV.
The electric SUV offers a practical range and cabin and is suitable for everyday use. As a result of the current trend, the ZS EV sales have hit a new mark by receiving 600 bookings in the last month.