- 58 min ago Jawa Gifts Mayur Shelke A Motorcycle For His Bravery: Read More About It!
- 3 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLA Pre-Bookings Open In India Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 3 hrs ago Ola Announces Hypercharger Charging Network For Its Electric Two-Wheelers: Details & More!
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Announces Temporary Production Halt For Maintenance Work: Here Are All Details
- News Row over Arvind Kejriwal’s televised appeal during meeting with PM
- Lifestyle 8 Fashion Lessons To Take From Kriti Sanon’s Instagram Feed To Elevate Your Style
- Movies Money Heist Creator Reveals There Are No Plans For Season 6 Or Spin-Offs, Says ‘I'm Tired'
- Technology Vi Message Center Number: Get All States Vi Message/SMS Center Number Details
- Sports IPL 2021: Guardiola thanks Kohli for RCB jersey
- Finance 5 Reasons Why VPF Is Still A Smart Bet For Retirement
- Education KVS Admission 2021 For Class 1 Merit List Delayed
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In April 2021
MG Motor and Tata Power have deployed the 50 kW Superfast public EV charging station in Chennai. The deployment is in line with MG's vision to enhance the national EV charging ecosystem with 50 kW and 60 kW DC superfast charging stations. Moreover, MG along with its partners has installed 22 superfast charging stations across 17 cities in India to date.
The automaker's charging infrastructure is spread across major metropolitans like Delhi-NCR, Bangalore, and tier-2 cities such as Ahmedabad and Nagpur. The Chennai launch is the automaker's fifth launch in 2021, close on the heels of Cochin, Coimbatore and Mangalore.
Speaking on the deployment, Gaurav Gupta, Chief Commercial Officer, MG Motor India said, "At MG, we are building a CASE (Connected, Autonomous, Shared, and Electric) ecosystem aimed at meeting the future requirements of the country. Furthering our commitment to creating a 5-way charging infrastructure for our customers, the new stations will further augment the public and highway charging infrastructure. We are confident that the new EV charging station will go a long way in creating a sustainable, tech-driven future of the city."
All vehicles that are compatible with the CCS fast-charging standard can use the latest EV charging station in Chennai. Moreover, MG extends a 5-way charging ecosystem to its customers that include a free-of-cost AC fast-charger (installed at the customer's home or office. The MG ZS EV can be charged from 0 to 80 per cent in 50 minutes at the superfast charging station.
"We are thrilled to continue our strengthened association with MG Motor India by deploying the Chennai charging station. We will continue to provide a seamless charging experience to our customers. We wish to build a decent ecosystem for our potential EV customers in the future thereby, promoting the adoption of such green mobility solutions," said Rajesh Naik, Chief - Tata Power New Business Services.
Tata Power has set up an extensive EV charging infrastructure of around 400 chargers across 45 different cities under the EZ Charge brand. These stations are located across commercial buildings, public places, highways, and other similar locations.
Thoughts About MG Motor And Tata Power On Deploying The First 50 kW Superfast EV Charging Station In Chennai
The Fast charging station will be very helpful to the people as it will take less time to juice up the vehicle. One problem that everyone had about EVs is that what will happen if the charge runs out, but now we are seeing that manufacturers are solving the problem but installing charging stations across the country.