- 9 hrs ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- 10 hrs ago Rs 18,100 Crore Production Linked Incentive Scheme For ACC Batteries Approved
- 10 hrs ago Yamaha R7 Images Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Global Reveal On 18 May
- 10 hrs ago 2021 Kia Sonet & Seltos Deliveries Started Across India: Waiting Periods Set To Increase
- Sports Juventus 3-2 Inter: Cuadrado scores twice as Bianconeri keep top-four hopes alive
- News Covid-19 vaccine: India to have 51.6 crore doses by July, says Harsh Vardhan
- Movies Prithviraj, Indrajith, Jayasurya And Narain Have A Classmates Reunion Yet Again: Pictures Go Viral!
- Finance This Third QSR Entity Files For Rs. 1400 Crore IPO
- Education IIIT-Delhi Announces Season 5 Of The Summer Camp For Government School Students
- Lifestyle Akshaya Patra Starts COVID-19 Relief Feeding Centre In Bengaluru, Home Minister of Karnataka Launches the Prog
- Technology Oppo Find X3 Pro Mars Exploration Edition With 65W Charging Launched: Coming To India?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
MG Motor India has announced that its manufacturing facility will be temporarily shut due to the rise in Covid-19 cases in the country. The brand's manufacturing facility in Halol Gujurat will remain shut between April 29 to May 5, 2021.
The company has taken the decision to safeguard its workforce from the current rapid spread of the deadly virus. The Covid-19 virus is spreading at a rapid pace again. As a result, there has been a sharp increase in affected patients across the country.
MG Motor India had also announced that it is collaborating with Devnandan Gases to increase medical oxygen supply. It will address specific areas of the manufacturing process such as infrastructure expansion and the elimination of major losses with lean principles. This process will help in increasing the production capacity by 25 per cent — here are all details.
The company also announced earlier that the waiting period for its cars sold in the country. According to the statement, customers will have to wait between 2 and 3 months before taking delivery of their cars.
According to the company, the delay in deliveries is due to the growing demand for MG vehicles in the country. However, the current shortage of semiconductors could also be one of the reasons for the delay in production. Now, with seven non-prodcution days, the waiting period could increase in the country.
The company entered the Indian market back in the year 2019 with the launch of the Hector SUV. Hector was well-received in the Indian market and cemented the brand in the country. The company then turned to the growing demand for electric vehicles by launching the ZS EV electric SUV. MG is providing a host of charging solution for ZS EV customers and offer hassle-free ownership.
The company later introduced its flagship SUV, the Gloster. MG gave the Gloster all the bells and whistles, which made the SUV India's first car to feature Level 1 autonomous technology. MG calls it the (ADAS) Advanced Driver Assistance System.
Catering to a growing demand for three-row SUVs in the Indian market, the company added an extra row of seating to the Hector SUV and launched it as the Hector Plus. The Hector, Hector Plus and the ZS EV models have all been recently updated to the 2021 Model Year with few much-needed upgrades.
Thoughts About MG Motor India Shuts Down Temporarily Due To Covid-19 Pandemic
MG Motor India becomes the latest automaker to announce a temporary halt in its production operation in the country. Automotive brands are taking a stand against the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic to safeguard their workforce from the deadly virus. It is certainly commendable!