- 13 hrs ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 18 hrs ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 18 hrs ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 19 hrs ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- News Study reveals longer gap in Pfizer-BioNTech COVID vaccines boosts antibody levels
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11 July 24 Highlights: Arjun Bijlani, Shweta Tiwari, Sourabh Raj Win Lockets!
- Technology Vodafone-Idea Likely To Follow Airtel; Increase Tariffs Of Postpaid Plans
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: Defending champion Andy Murray withdraws from singles with quad issue
- Lifestyle Happy Parents Day 2021: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Status To Share With Your Parents
- Education JEE Main 2021 Session 3: Students Affected By Rains In Maharashtra To Get Another Chance
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
- Finance ICICI Bank Reports Q1Fy22 Net Profit At Rs. 4616 crore
The second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic has affected the city badly. Every person is trying to help as much as they can. Since the outbreak of the second wave of the pandemic, MG Motor India has focused on community service over its business during the month of May 2021.
Rakesh Sidana, Director - Sales, MG Motor India, said, "In these times, our efforts continue to be directed towards keeping people safe and maximizing service to the community. The continued lockdown in some states in June 2021 indicates that part shortage will continue to hamper overall production next month. Based on the booking trend we are hopeful of an uptrend in June."
MG Motor recently joined hands with Devnandan Gases Pvt. Ltd. in Gujarat and facilitated the increase in production of oxygen by 31 per cent at the latter's plant in Vadodara. It further aims to ramp up the throughput by 50 per cent soon. At the same time, MG's Hector Ambulances continue to serve doctors and medical staff during their service to the nation.
The automaker also built 200 sustainable beds for COVID-19 patients. The vehicle production during the month was impacted due to a shutdown to divert oxygen for medical use. Additionally, supply chain constraints impacted production as suppliers remained closed during the lockdown in May. The retail business was severely impacted as almost all markets remained closed during the lockdown for the most part during the month of May 2021.
Recently, MG Motor India partnered with Attero for the recycling of EV batteries in the country. The partnership is aimed at reusing and recycling the Li-ion batteries of EVs in India after their end-of-life. Attero, India's largest electronic asset management company will be responsible for recycling batteries. The battery pack in electric vehicles will have a limited lifespan. After which, the battery pack will not be capable of storing the charge. As a result, it needs to be swapped for a new one at the end of its lifespan.
Thoughts About MG Motor India Choosing Community Service Over Business
The second wave of coronavirus has hit the country really hard. It is good to see that MG Motors has gone ahead and taken the step to help produce more medical oxygen and supply it to as many as possible and choose community service over its production.