- 3 hrs ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 18 hrs ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- 19 hrs ago Rs 18,100 Crore Production Linked Incentive Scheme For ACC Batteries Approved
- 19 hrs ago Yamaha R7 Images Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Global Reveal On 18 May
- News Goa Medical College: Oxygen supply streamlining, says Health minister; Toll reaches 83
- Sports Former Saurashtra cricketer, BCCI referee Rajendrasinh Jadeja passes away due to COVID-19
- Movies Amazon India Launches MiniTV – A Free Video Streaming Service
- Technology Looking For COVID-19 Vaccine Slot? These CoWIN Tips Might Be Useful
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan, And Sanju
- Finance Post Office Vs Bank Deposits: Why Post Office Is Better Choice?
- Education IIIT-Delhi Announces Season 5 Of The Summer Camp For Government School Students
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
MG Motor India has recently announced its sales figures for the month of March. According to the report, the brand has registered a yearly growth of 264 per cent in sales in the last month. MG retailed a total of 5,528 units during March 2021.
In comparison, the brand had registered a total sales of 1,518 units back in March 2020. This is because, last year, MG Motor India sold only two vehicles in March. This includes the Hector and the ZS EV electric-SUV.
Since then, the brand has added a couple of new models, which has resulted in increasing the retail numbers for March 2021. However, MG Motor has received the highest-ever sales for its Hector and ZS EV last month.
A Month-on-Month sales analysis reveals that MG Motor India has sold 1,199 unit more in March 2021 than in February this year. This is a monthly growth of over 27 per cent. With the continued momentum, the carmaker now has a waiting period of up to 2-3 months for most of the models.
The company has is also offering its ZS EV electric-SUV offering via Myles and Zoomcar with Orix as a part of a monthly subscription plan as well. The company has received a good response from the new ownership scheme. As a result, MG has clocked the highest-ever ZS EV sales since its launch last year.
Commenting on the sales performance, Mr Rakesh Sidana Director - Sales, MG Motor India, said, "The highest monthly sales achieved in March 2021 are very encouraging with momentum continuing for our product lines. While Hector received 6,000+ bookings during the month, the Gloster has continued its advance in the premium SUV segment. MG ZS EV's increased traction is also being witnessed across various quarters including luxury buyers looking for a personal driving experience."
"However, we are likely to see a disruption in the supply chain due to shortage of semiconductor chips globally as well as the second wave of Covid. We may observe a few NPDs (no production days) in April 2021 as a preventive measure. We assure our customers that we will provide transparent communication to them throughout," Sidana added.
Thoughts About The MG Motor India Register A Gigantic 264% Yearly Growth
The demand for electric vehicles is increasing by the day in the Indian market. The brand's ZS EV offering caters to the growing demand registering impressive numbers for the brand. Whether the ongoing short-supply of semiconductors push back the delivery timelines of MG vehicles in the country remains to be seen.