- 3 hrs ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 18 hrs ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- 19 hrs ago Rs 18,100 Crore Production Linked Incentive Scheme For ACC Batteries Approved
- 19 hrs ago Yamaha R7 Images Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Global Reveal On 18 May
- News Goa Medical College: Oxygen supply streamlining, says Health minister; Toll reaches 83
- Sports Former Saurashtra cricketer, BCCI referee Rajendrasinh Jadeja passes away due to COVID-19
- Movies Amazon India Launches MiniTV – A Free Video Streaming Service
- Technology Looking For COVID-19 Vaccine Slot? These CoWIN Tips Might Be Useful
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan, And Sanju
- Finance Post Office Vs Bank Deposits: Why Post Office Is Better Choice?
- Education IIIT-Delhi Announces Season 5 Of The Summer Camp For Government School Students
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
MG Motor India has announced its sales figures for April. According to the report, the brand has registered total domestic sales of 2,565 units last month. The sales numbers have taken a dip last month due to the rising Covid-19 cases and subsequent lockdown in various states across the country.
The company registered a total sales of 5,528 units in the month of March this year. Compared to the sales figures from April, the domestic growth has taken a hot by over 53 per cent in the last month.
However, compared to the same month last year, the company had registered zero unit sales due to the pandemic and the auto slowdown. The company has now decided to close its plant for 7 days and conserve industrial oxygen so that it can be diverted to the healthcare segment. The carmaker is currently left with no stock at its Gujarat plant.
As a result of lockdown in various states across the country, sales during the last 15 days of April 2021 were also impacted, stated MG Motor India.
The company further stated that MG Motor India's production and vehicle dispatches to dealers were significantly higher than retail sales. The carmaker currently having an order backlog of over 3 months across its product lines.
Mr Rajeev Chaba, President & Managing Director, MG Motor India, said, "In these times, our efforts are directed towards keeping people safe and maximizing service to the communities."
Adding to the current woes of the pandemic is the global shortage of semiconductors. The production will be impacted by the shortage of semiconductor chips globally and the limitation in working hours due to curfews and lockdowns in various parts of the country. As a result, supply-chain constraints would continue in the month of May 2021.
MG Motor India currently offers 4 products in the Indian market. This includes the Hector, Hector Plus, ZS EV and the Gloster premium SUV. To make for faster adoption of EVs, the company is offering the MG ZS EV electric SUV on a subscription basis.
The company also said, "MG Motor India continues to follow the COVID-19 protocols across all consumer touchpoints. The brand assures its customers of complete safety with sanitization under the Disinfect & Deliver program.
Its service centres are currently operating with minimal staff while catering to the requirements of its customers. The carmaker is also providing free vaccination to its employees and is focused on facilitating the same to its dealerships. It is also encouraging its dealers to provide insurance to their staff."
Thoughts About The MG Motor Car Sales Report For April 2021
Like most manufacturers, MG Motor India has also taken a hit with its sales due to the rise in the second wave of Covid-19 virus spread in the country. The ongoing worldwide shortage of semiconductor has also posed some challenges to automakers around the world. However, MG Motor India is confident in overcoming these challenges while keeping its workforce safe.