- 10 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 10 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 11 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 12 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Movies Vakeel Saab Day 6 Box Office Collection: Here’s How Much Pawan Kalyan Starrer Has Earned So Far
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- News Pakistan working on single-dose COVID-19 vaccine with China’s help: Official
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
MG Motor India announced the Hector production crossing the 50,000 units milestone mark in the country. The MG Hector is the brand's first offering to the Indian market, which has posted impressive sales numbers to cement the brand in the country.
The milestone SUV rolled-out from the brand's facility in Vadodara, Gujurat has been manufactured by an all-women crew. The initiative has created a new benchmark while celebrating diversity with women leading the end-to-end production.
In this first-of-its-kind development, women-only teams were involved in panel-pressing of sheet metal and welding operations to painting jobs. They also carry out the post-production test runs of the SUV rolling out of the production line.
In the brand's state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Halol, Gujarat, it features an industry-leading 33 per cent share of women in its workforce. Female professionals work alongside their male counterparts across all business functions.
Encouraging women workforce and Gender neutrality, the company aims to achieve 50 per cent gender diversity in its organization in the future and pave the way for a balanced workforce. Since its inception, as its core focus area, the brand has worked closely with the local panchayats near its Halol manufacturing plant. Doing so has encouraged more young women to work in a safe and secure environment at the MG plant.
MG's state-of-the-art Halol manufacturing facility is further equipped with Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV) and Robotic Process Automation (RPA) for various workshops. RPA is used by the automaker in Body Shop for Robotic Brazing, Paint Shop for Robotic Primer and Top Coating, and GA Shop for Robotic Glass Glazing. With adequate training, both men and women can handle the machinery with equal competency.
Speaking on the development, Rajeev Chaba, President & Managing Director, MG Motor India, said, "MG has always been a progressive brand with diversity, community, innovation, and experiences as our cornerstones. We believe that it is something that has broadened our perspective as a brand and unlocked efficiencies in every aspect of our business operations."
He further added, "The rollout of our 50,000th Hector by an all-women crew comes as an honour to their contributions and hard work. It also demonstrates that glass ceilings no longer exist even in an erstwhile male-dominated industry such as automobile manufacturing. We believe that it will inspire more women to join the automotive industry in India and abroad."
The MG Hector currently retails between Rs 12.89 lakh and Rs 18.42 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The SUV is offered with a host of engine options including a mild-hybrid unit. The transmission options range from manual, CVT and DCT automatics depending on the engine.
Thoughts About The MG Hector Production Crossing 50,000 Units Mark
The MG Hector is a successful model for the brand in the Indian market. The SUV has helped the brand to get a great start in the country. The MG Hector SUV rivals the Tata Harrier, 2021 Jeep Compass and Hyundai Creta; among others in the Indian market.