- 4 hrs ago Omega Seiki Electric Three-Wheelers With Log 9 Battery Pack Takes 30 Minutes For Full Charge
- 5 hrs ago Piaggio India Opens 100 dealerships In 100 Days: A New Milestone Achieved!
- 6 hrs ago White Carbon Motors GT5 Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 6 hrs ago The Largest Business Jet Gets Features From Rafale Fighter: Dassault Falcon 10X Unveiled
- News 111 mucormycosis patients undergoing treatment in Mumbai: BMC
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam 3: Dimpal Bhal Is Back; The Mohanlal Show To Get An Extension?
- Sports IPL 2021: When Kuldeep Yadav felt he wasn't the same bowler he used to be
- Finance 11 Top 5G Tech Stocks To Invest In India 2021 Which May Become Multibaggers In This Decade
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas’ Goddess Kali Jacket Has Gone Viral; Some Don’t Like It But We Love It; Details Inside!
- Education Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Know The Significance Behind The Celebration Of This Festival
- Travel Places To Visit In Puducherry In May 2021
- Technology Poco M3 Pro 5G Launch Scheduled On May 19; Another Rebranded Redmi Smartphone?
MG Motor India has increased the pricing of the Gloster SUV in the country. The price hike has been issued to all variants of the SUV except the base-spec trim. As a result, despite the price hike, the starting price on the brand's flagship remains unaffected.
The company had launched the Gloster SUV with an introductory starting price of Rs 28.98 lakh. A month after its launch, Gloster's pricing was increased to end the introductory pricing. Now the SUV retails at a starting price of Rs 29.98 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India).
As mentioned before, the base-spec Super 7-seater variant of the Gloster has not received a hike in its pricing in May 2021. However, other variants of the premium SUV have received a price hike ranging between Rs 50,000 and Rs 80,000.
The SUV is offered in four variants: Super, Smart, Sharp and the Savvy. The SUV is further avaliable in six and seven seating configurations, depending on the variant. The six-seater model will have captain seats in the middle-row. For the seven-seater, the captain seats will be replaced by a traditional bench unit.
The base Smart 6-seater variant of the SUV has received a price hike of Rs 50,000. It now retails at Rs 31.98 lakh. The mid-spec Sharp 6- and 7-seater models have received a price hike of Rs 70,000. After the price hike the Sharp 6- and 7-seater variants now costs Rs 35.38 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India).
The top-spec Savvy model is offered only with a six-seater configuration as standard. The variant has received a price hike of Rs 80,0000. The Gloster Savvy now retails at Rs 36.88 lakh, ex-showroom (India). Here is the variant-wise price comparison of the Gloster SUV:
|MG Gloster||New Prices||Old Prices|
|Super 7-Seater||₹29.98 Lakh||₹29.98 Lakh|
|Smart 6-Seater||₹31.98 Lakh||₹31.98 Lakh|
|Sharp 7-Seater||₹35.38 Lakh||₹34.68 Lakh|
|Sharp 6-Seater||₹35.38 Lakh||₹34.68 Lakh|
|Savvy 6-Seater||₹36.38 Lakh||₹36.08 Lakh|
All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India)
The MG Gloster SUV is offered with two 2.0-litre diesel engine options in different states of tune: single-turbocharged unit and twin-turbocharged engine. The lower-spec engine is offered in ‘Super' and ‘Smart' variants of the Gloster. While the Sharp and Savvy are offered with the top-spec twin-turbo engine.
The single turbocharger unit producing a maximum of 161bhp and a peak torque of 375Nm. While the top-spec twin-turbo diesel engine producing 215bhp and 480Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to an eight-speed torque converter automatic sourced from ZF.
The company recently announced its sales figures for the month of April 2021. The company has sold over 2,000 units amidst the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country — here are more details.
Thoughts About The MG Gloster Prices Hiked Across Select Variants
The MG Gloster has been well-received in the country. The SUV has received its second price hike since its launch in the Indian market. The MG Gloster SUV rivals the Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour and the Mahindra Alturas G4. However, The Gloster is the only SUV in the premium SUV segment to feature the level 1 autonomous system.